When the teams were announced he was in the starting 11, but when the game kicked off he wasn't even in the squad. The commentators said this was for 'personal reasons'.

I heard that he apparently had a major bust up with Chelsea management just prior to kick off. Does anyone know more about this? :hysterical:

Guest LondonScottish
When the teams were announced he was in the starting 11, but when the game kicked off he wasn't even in the squad. The commentators said this was for 'personal reasons'.

I heard that he apparently had a major bust up with Chelsea management just prior to kick off. Does anyone know more about this? :hysterical:

No, his mum is really ill in hospital, and he went straight off from warming up to a taxi, to get to be by her side.

I heard that he apparently had a major bust up with Chelsea management just prior to kick off. Does anyone know more about this? :laughing:

:thumbup1:

• 2 weeks later...
Frank Lampard's mother passed away this afteroon.

Suffered a short bout of pneumonia.

Thoughts are with him and his family.

Very sad news, you could tell the other night that his mind wasn't at the game against liverpool, who could blame him like but still very very sad news RIP, Just hope that no fans of other teams take this as an opertunity to have a go at winding him up during matches. :angry:

Guest LondonScottish
Very sad news, you could tell the other night that his mind wasn't at the game against liverpool, who could blame him like but still very very sad news RIP, Just hope that no fans of other teams take this as an opertunity to have a go at winding him up during matches. :angry:

Sad news.