St. James' Park

Its my mate's 21st on Saturday and he's a Newcastle fan so on Sunday a few of us are going along to St. James' for the Tyne and Wear derby with Sunderland. He's got a box rented aswell so should be good fun.

Just wondered if anyone had been before, obviously there's going to be a pretty good atmosphere seeing as it's a derby.

I'm certainly looking forward to it more than the other game I'm going to this weekend :ThumbsDown:

Its my mate's 21st on Saturday and he's a Newcastle fan so on Sunday a few of us are going along to St. James' for the Tyne and Wear derby with Sunderland. He's got a box rented aswell so should be good fun.

Just wondered if anyone had been before, obviously there's going to be a pretty good atmosphere seeing as it's a derby.

I'm certainly looking forward to it more than the other game I'm going to this weekend :ThumbsDown:

Yes been quite a few times. Pretty good stadium great atmosphere if they are doing well. Being a derby will make it much better it always seems you heard the away team more. But they were struggling when i went. Some good pubs around the stadium took my nephew last time i was there. :thumbup1:

Went when they played Arsenal last season.

Yes been quite a few times. Pretty good stadium great atmosphere if they are doing well. Being a derby will make it much better it always seems you heard the away team more. But they were struggling when i went. Some good pubs around the stadium took my nephew last time i was there. :ThumbsDown:

Went when they played Arsenal last season.

Likewise, was an absolute shocker, made me look forward to going back to Pittodrie...how things have changed

Likewise, was an absolute shocker, made me look forward to going back to Pittodrie...how things have changed

It was a pretty shocking game. I also went to the Blackburn game as well near the end of last season and it was cheaper to take him there than an Aberdeen game and far better quality.

I'm goin on sunday as well mate. Not wi the prawn sandwich brigade mind you! Been a few times, crackin ground but atmosphere has never lived up to its billing. Hoefully against Sunderland that should be different.

Arrivin in Newcastle at half 10 so main concern is finding a boozer.

I'm goin on sunday as well mate. Not wi the prawn sandwich brigade mind you! Been a few times, crackin ground but atmosphere has never lived up to its billing. Hoefully against Sunderland that should be different.

Arrivin in Newcastle at half 10 so main concern is finding a boozer.

You will have no problem finding a boozer in Newcastle, I'm a student, and the walk from the station to the stadium is littered with pubs and bars etc. Shearers is a bar built into the stadium if you fancy that though.

Why you not away out in the Toon tonight ?Great night out.

Just got back to Edinburgh now. In the middle of my final uni exams so can't really go out 2 nights in a row.

Went out last night, we were pretty late 'til we went out but it was still decent. Found a pub showing the boxing so watched that too. Only got a couple hours sleep before heading back in to St James'