Duncan Shearer

Shame really but this year that league has been quite a high standerd from what i've been told, that is a huge wage aswell for a team of their size so no wonder they got rid when he wasna winning nothing.

Buckie has won a lot under his management including 2 cups this season. However it really is the league that they want.

Been told the manager of Ellon United is being lined up to be part of the next management team.

Buckie has won a lot under his management including 2 cups this season. However it really is the league that they want.

Been told the manager of Ellon United is being lined up to be part of the next management team.

Has the manager of Ellon not recently been installed as Deveronvale's new manager??

Good news to hear. I watch Buckie every week I cant go to the dons i.e away games in glasgow, but old boy goes every week along with the huge support Buckie have. Lost the fans long ago, if you saw the team you would know why. Buckie could have won the league this season and last but i think Shearer got alot wrong. Lots of money has been invested in securing the title and just got it wrong, bought a lot of players who were quality and others who were not so good. When in trouble didnt know which tactical decisons to make and 9 times out of 10 made the wrong one. Buckie were poor yesterday and supposedly even worse last week. I think a lot of Buckie fans will be delighted with this news. I for one am, loved him as a player but sadly not as a manager.

Rumour at the game yesterday was that ex deveronval manager gregg carroll would be the new boss!

Have heard it said that Gregg Carroll's not the nicest man either. Good managerial record though.

He came along to our Boys Club and took training a couple of times. He was really professional and gave lots of good advice. Have heard stories about him too (Scott Anderson and Huntly) but I never got that impression when I met him.

• 5 months later...

FORMER DEVERONVALE MANAGER TAKES OVER HOTSEAT AT BUCKIE THISTLE

Published: 21/10/2008

SIGNED UP: New Buckie Thistle manager Gregg Carrol has his coaching staff in place already. Gordon Lennox

More Pictures

GREGG Carrol is back in football as the new Buckie Thistle manager, taking over from Kevin and Doug Will whose second spell in charge at Victoria Park lasted 157 days.

Carrol, 37, was offered the Jags