Man Citeh

Guest SS RED

Last season they finished 14th with 42 points and this season are 9th with 55 points and two games to go.

Surely that is a decent improvement on last season. Maybe a bit of a stupid sacking.

Harsh as frigg like. There's not much more he could have done in one season. Yet another knee jerk reaction in the Premeirship.

On a sidenote Sven will be looking forward to a bumper pay off just like when he was sacked by England.

Yip, Then walk straight into another high profile job with a bumper contact nae doot.

This is a disgraceful decision in my opinion. Apparently the charmains aim in the first place was get Man City in the top 10 and then to build from there. Compared to what man city have been doing in some seasons they have been playing attractive atacking football. Sven is a half decent manager in my opinion and you only need to look at his career at Lazio to see that. If he had been kept on in my opinion Man City in the coming seasons would establish themselves with teams like everton in the challenge for fifth and even into the top four in one of the 'big four' had an off season. Sven's only mistake this season was to have such great success in the first half of the season. If he had shown consistentent form or the good form had been in the second half of the season and was in the same position as he is now he may have kept his Job.

Man City's loss I guess, just hope they can find another good manager next year.

Steve Mclaren anyone? :thumbup1:

This is a disgraceful decision in my opinion. Apparently the charmains aim in the first place was get Man City in the top 10 and then to build from there. Compared to what man city have been doing in some seasons they have been playing attractive atacking football. Sven is a half decent manager in my opinion and you only need to look at his career at Lazio to see that. If he had been kept on in my opinion Man City in the coming seasons would establish themselves with teams like everton in the challenge for fifth and even into the top four in one of the 'big four' had an off season. Sven's only mistake this season was to mave such great success in the first half of the season. If he had shown consistentent form and was in the same position as he is now he may have kept his Job.

Man City's loss I guess, just hope they can find another good manager next year.

Steve Mclaren anyone? :thumbup1:

There would be a riot if that happened. There aren't too many managers out there better than Sven and most of those that are have a better job already.

There would be a riot if that happened. There aren't too many managers out there better than Sven and most of those that are have a better job already.

perhaps they might try and lure Big Sam back into management. Not a great manager in my opinion but he's competent enough. His bolton side were half decent and made some good signings like Anelka. Cant think many other good English managers who would want the job especially with the high expectations that goes with it.

They might even have to looking north towards calderwood :thumbup1:

Not decided yet :laughing:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/7387397.stm

Thaksin Shinawatra has thrown Manchester City into further confusion by saying he has not made a decision about Sven-Goran Eriksson's future.

BBC Sport understands Eriksson has been told he will be sacked at the end of the season and Luiz Felipe Scolari has been approached as a replacement.

But City owner Thaksin claimed: "We have made no decision. We will do an evaluation at the end of the season."

Portugal coach Scolari is expected to decide his future after Euro 2008.

"Any club who has any interest in Scolari is completely free to contact the coach," Scolari spokesman Acaz Fellegger told Portuguese newspaper Record.

"But the truth is that there has been no approach and Scolari has repeatedly stated that his future will only be decided after the Euro tournament."

Thaksin, speaking at a golf tournament in Beijing, would not be drawn on whether the club was interested in the Portugal coach, or former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho, who has also been linked with the City post.

"They all - Sven, Scolari, Mourinho - they are great coaches, great managers," he said.

However, he did admit that he had told Eriksson he was unhappy with City's dip in form which saw them fall out of contention for European football.

"During the season, we may complain for improvement but that's normal for every club," said the former Thai prime minister.

"But we will discuss at the end of the season what needs to be changed, what needs to be added to the success of the club."

Despite Thaksin's claims to the contrary, a source close to Eriksson has told BBC Sport that the former England coach will be sacked at the end of the season.

And BBC Sport also understands that contact has already been made between City and Scolari's representatives in a bid to bring him to Eastlands, with a deal worth a reported