The FA have told CApello that semi finals of WC & Euro's would be deemed a success

now i think England have some top players, but isn't saying Semi's is good enough admition of failure already ?

sure if England get to the semi they'll have done very well, but do youthink the Germans or Italy would say, yeah Semi's is good enough ?

sums up all that's wrong with English ( Brittish ????) football - we accept ourl imitations but also set the bar too low.

no why?

you suggesting that if England got to the semi's and were knocked out it would be a success ?

The FA should be saying he should be wining it - anything less is failure.

no the FA should be syaing "LETS QUALIFY FOR THESE TOURNAMENTS FIRST" and then setting targets.

no why?

you suggesting that if England got to the semi's and were knocked out it would be a success ?

Yes - going from not qualifying in 2008, to the semi's in 2010 is definately a success.

And the FA saying he should be winning it after he's played 2 friendlies and not seen the draw for a tournament that only South Africa have qualified for sofar is just arragent.

But, for example do you think LIverpool think their seasos been a success ?

hell if Chelsea finish 2nd to Man Utd in leauge and Euro cup do you think they'll veiw it as being as a succesful season ? I'd be suprised if they did. I bet Fergie wouldn't view it as a success.

Do Brazil say yeah, Semis is fine? no, they say win it or your getting the sack - and at that level that's the attitude you should have.

no why?

Half of our fans think losing in a semi final is success.

typical arrogance I actually think England are vastly over rated

I reckon with the players at their disposal they are capable of actually winning one of the major tournaments but manger after manager keep picking players that the media want picked and with so many egos in the side just do not gel as a team. Fear if Capello stops this and does it his way as think he may do just that and they might win something!!

But, for example do you think LIverpool think their seasos been a success ?

hell if Chelsea finish 2nd to Man Utd in leauge and Euro cup do you think they'll veiw it as being as a succesful season ? I'd be suprised if they did. I bet Fergie wouldn't view it as a success.

Do Brazil say yeah, Semis is fine? no, they say win it or your getting the sack - and at that level that's the attitude you should have.

Firstly, i'd like to apologise for my slow responce, I had an exam.

Had Liverpool not qualified for the champions league last season, then yes, getting to the semi's would have been a success. The same for Man Utd & Chelsea. But they didn't, they all reached the latter stages of the champions league and ended up at the top end of the premiership, so anything less than winning would be failure.

Brazil don't say semi's is fine, but they, like Man Utd & Chelsea always reach the latter stages so expecting them to build on that and win things is a reasonable expectation.

Whereas England (Who unlike me, aren't going to the Euros) setting the Semi final as a target seems fair.

Anyway, frigg them, they're English

You can't really say that when scotland can't manage it.

Just did!

Anyway, can hardly compare the 2, England is over 10 times the size of Scotland, and also, managed to get more points than England in their qualifying group. Therefore better.