League Two Player Called Into England Sqaud

Strikes of Mike Bassett a bit

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/i...als/7416439.stm

England coach Fabio Capello has brought Peterborough goalkeeper Joe Lewis into his squad after Chris Kirkland returned to Wigan due to a back injury.

The Football Association said Kirkland looks set to miss Wednesday's friendly against the United States after having muscle spasms in his back.

Lewis and Peterborough won promotion to League One this season.

The 20-year-old became Peterborough's record signing in January when he signed for

Guest LondonScottish

Capello is the polar opposite to Mike Bassett. A proven winner who is doing things HIS way, and his way only.

Capello is the polar opposite to Mike Bassett. A proven winner who is doing things HIS way, and his way only.

I meant when Lambert and Butler were called up 'cause he'd written the squad on the back of a fag packet.

I've heard good things about Lewis but surely he's not ready for a full call up yet?

I meant when Lambert and Butler were called up 'cause he'd written the squad on the back of a fag packet.

I've heard good things about Lewis but surely he's not ready for a full call up yet?

To be fair, what's the point of a friendly if you're not going to try new players? I think he's got a good idea of his first and second choice XIs and really, after the call-offs, maybe he wants to prove that he's the sort of manager that looks at the English game and not just the Premiership.