Euro 2008

I can't wait until the Euro's start, I hate the pre-season but a major championship cushions the blow a bit.

Who do you fancy to win it this time around?

I must admit I can't see past the "big 3" of France, Italy or Germany, but what about Portugal or Czech Republic? Normally the home nation has a decent chance but I can't see Austria or Swizerland being that great.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait until the Euro's start, I hate the pre-season but a major championship cushions the blow a bit.

I must admit I can't see past the "big 3" of France, Italy or Germany, but what about Portugal or Czech Republic? Normally the home nation has a decent chance but I can't see Austria or Swizerland being that great.

agreed. i cant wait for it either. just wish i was going over to watch it with Scotland.

I'm tipping Croatia as the dark horses for the Trophy but i reckon Zee Germans will win it.

Aye, should be good tourney. Not a world cup but no far off it. Gutted we never made it but delighted the english aren't there.

I'd go with Germany to win it, Switzerland or Russia as dark horses. Don't fancy the Czechs at all. Rosicky injured and Nedved retired. They were the best team in 04 I thought but that was their big chance.

Germany v Russia final is 28/1. Worth a quid or two.

"Big 3" lol. France and Italy are probably the best on paper but what about Spain or Holland?? They're both ranked in the FIFA Top 10. With the current form of Ronaldo and Nani, Portugal could also be a good bet. Croatia could be darkhorses to go far.

I share your skepticism of the chances of Austria and Switzerland; this is the first time EVER that the former has qualified for the Euro's and they've only done so as hosts!

One of the most open tournaments in ages, not much between the 'bigger' nations. Watched France against Paraguay yesterday, and they can't score to save their lives.

Money's on Portugal.

I reckon it might be a Portugal v Holland final with the Dutch coming out as winners. I watched Holland take Wales apart yesterday and they look on top form, even if they have been relatively poor up until now. They have awesome firepower in Robben, RVN, Huntelaar, JVoH and Kuyt, although Ryan Babel is now out with an ankle injury.

Haven't done the calculations myself, but am sure I read Germany are pretty much guaranteed an easy path to the final. Think it'll be the most open tournament for a long long time. Have a sneaking suspicion that the Dutch could cause a few suprises, but I'm stumped as to who'll win it.

Wasn't really bothered about this tournament an hour ago, but a few beers and that BBC video archive have done the trick. :thumbup1:

Haven't done the calculations myself, but am sure I read Germany are pretty much guaranteed an easy path to the final. Think it'll be the most open tournament for a long long time. Have a sneaking suspicion that the Dutch could cause a few suprises, but I'm stumped as to who'll win it.

Wasn't really bothered about this tournament an hour ago, but a few beers and that BBC video archive have done the trick. :cheers:

Can't wait till Saturday. Shame we're not there but football live on the TV is always welcome during the summer and particularly with the potential this tournament has. Been looking at the odds and I have to admit the Dutch at 12/1 is pretty tempting. I see Spain must be proving to be a popular bet as well and another team I fancied sticking some money on. They were 6/1 last time I checked and now they are down to 11/2.

Will probably get my

Guest SS RED

Are the Swiss or Austrians even good? Doubt either would have made it had it not been for the fact that they are the hosts.

Are the Swiss or Austrians even good? Doubt either would have made it had it not been for the fact that they are the hosts.

theres a godd chance the Austrians could end up as the worst placed hosts ever.

The swiss have a decent side but nothing spectacular,

then again look at what the South Koreans did in 2002

theres a godd chance the Austrians could end up as the worst placed hosts ever.

The swiss have a decent side but nothing spectacular,

then again look at what the South Koreans did in 2002

Aye with the help of a dodgy referee in the 2nd round and the quarters!