Germany V Poland

A potential powderkeg game. Just heard on the BBC that there were clashes last night and several arrests made. Also one Polish newspaper printed an article which featured the Polish coach with the severed heads of the German coach and Ballack :applause:

Hoping for a German win and Boruc to have a complete nightmare of a game.

Will be a great game i think, few rough tackles early on, on the three poles in the German side then we may have a battle on the pitch aswell as a few goals.

this is the game i picked out at the off as the one i wanted to see most.

its a big rivalry and it has the potential to be an explosive game. heres hoping :applause:

Thought this is the best game so far of the tournament. Some great football from Ballack in the middle.

Hopefully more to come! :hysterical:

Frings was even better I thought! Germany are so strong in the wide areas too! Jansen, Lahm, podolski, Schweinsteiger, fritz & Friedrich. Upfront they also have an embarrassment... with Kuranyi, Klose & Gomez - they are going to be very hard to beat.

Guest rocket_scientist
Podolskis a trator.

By "Podolskis", I take it you are referring to Podolski, and if you are, he was 2 when he moved to Deutschland. The Aryan nation. The uber race. The Judean eliminators.

Am I the only one that can't see Germany as 'clear favourites' to win. I never saw much last night that makes me stand up and take notice and think, "WOW THEY ARE AWESOME"........they played a mediocre Polish side who had absolutely nothing and had household names of Dudka and Zurawski - pfffft. I think Germany's defence is terrible and against a tougher team they would struggle.

That's just how I see things.

i always find that the pening games are very nervy matches and the best games are not till the knock out stages when both have no option but to go for it.

Am I the only one that can't see Germany as 'clear favourites' to win. I never saw much last night that makes me stand up and take notice and think, "WOW THEY ARE AWESOME"........they played a mediocre Polish side who had absolutely nothing and had household names of Dudka and Zurawski - pfffft. I think Germany's defence is terrible and against a tougher team they would struggle.

That's just how I see things.

I agree with you. I have no idea why they are "clear favourites".

Interestingly that was their first win at the Euro finals since the '96 final!!!

i love the way the german fans shout the name of the scorer after the goal.

Its brilliant, they also do it at substitutions..... the first name is always announced on the PA, and the crowd follow up with the second name.

Substitution for Bayern Munich, replacing Alexander Zickler is number 7, Mehmet......SCHOLL!

I dont see anybody as being clear favourites and think that it is a really open tournament. Though from the opening two games i dont see Croatia or Czech Republic making that big an impression and the top half should be between Portugal and Germany in what could be an interesting semi final.