Sweden V Greece

Guest SS RED

Ibrahimovich first scorer for me.

he hasn't scored on the international stage for years, but if he gets scoring sweden are dark horses. But the swedish are nervous and not very confident.

but they have a few match winners in there team, i hope they do it though!

COME ON THE SWEDES!

Guest LondonScottish
i dont think its anywhere near as bad as teh commentators make out. if the opposition (ie sweden) is sitting back and you lack a bit of creativity then there isnt much you can do except kick it around at teh back and hope for a breakthrough. atleast they are keeping posession

Funny how in Serie A, its really cool to do things the Italian way with a really slow build up from the back, but when the Greeks are doing it the commentators are giving them pelters. I think its been quite entertaining for the most part, but its obvious these sides aren't the most technically able in the final third. Too many final balls going astray, and very weak shooting. Saying that I would imagine Sweden will come out with something special soon.

Dire game, apart from Zlatan's goal. France game was worse though.

Did anyone see ITV's post match feature wi Petr Cech? They had an interview then it came back to Steve Rider who said 'There are some great goalkeepers in this tournament - Cech, Van Der Sar, Buffon. So, Harry, where does your number one fit in with them?' Redknapp claimed James was up there with the best in the world! They then had a conversation about how england would have won the tournament if they'd made it! :thumbs: Just where do they get this arrogance? England have not beaten a top nation in the knockout stages of a major championship in over 40 years.

Did anyone see ITV's post match feature wi Petr Cech? They had an interview then it came back to Steve Rider who said 'There are some great goalkeepers in this tournament - Cech, Van Der Sar, Buffon. So, Harry, where does your number one fit in with them?' Redknapp claimed James was up there with the best in the world! They then had a conversation about how england would have won the tournament if they'd made it! :thumbs: Just where do they get this arrogance? England have not beaten a top nation in the knockout stages of a major championship in over 40 years.

I closed my browser window before that came on. Could have been a laugh. I really thought their egos and blind self belief would take a big knock with them not being there but it doesn't appear to have.

the english commentators and pundits are doing their best to make this tournament look like its nothing without the England football team. i dont understand how anyone on the planet could think England would win this. The teams that beat them to it Russia and Croatia have been poor so far and England finished on the same points as the mighty Israel too does this mean Israel could have won it?. Russia were given a lesson by Spain yesterday but these arse wipes still think they could have won it. its funny as feck. Holland, Spain and the Germans would destroy England right now.

David James up there with the best in the world - give me a break, he's not called calamity james for a frigging laugh. If thats what Redknapp classes as the best then its little wonder he's only got 1 major trophy in his management career and will never be in the same clas as Fergie, Wenger, Morniho and co. He's 1 of the most overated managers in football history.

I used to think that the sooner the English media realise their team is just not good enough the better it will be but now i just laugh at these pathetic cretins. Nobody else at these championships gives a sh*t the England are not there , even Platini said it in an interview recently.

Guest LondonScottish
the english commentators and pundits are doing their best to make this tournament look like its nothing without the England football team. i dont understand how anyone on the planet could think England would win this. The teams that beat them to it Russia and Croatia have been poor so far and England finished on the same points as the mighty Israel too does this mean Israel could have won it?. Russia were given a lesson by Spain yesterday but these arse wipes still think they could have won it. its funny as feck. Holland, Spain and the Germans would destroy England right now.

David James up there with the best in the world - give me a break, he's not called calamity james for a frigging laugh. If thats what Redknapp classes as the best then its little wonder he's only got 1 major trophy in his management career and will never be in the same clas as Fergie, Wenger, Morniho and co. He's 1 of the most overated managers in football history.

I used to think that the sooner the English media realise their team is just not good enough the better it will be but now i just laugh at these pathetic cretins. Nobody else at these championships gives a sh*t the England are not there , even Platini said it in an interview recently.

Don't know about that. I'd have him right up there just below Fergie and Wenger. Pretty amazing track record for developing young players and bringing them on, and the get-out-jail card he pulled out with Portsmouth was phenomenal.

(Back to normality VDA :thumbs: )

Don't know about that. I'd have him right up there just below Fergie and Wenger. Pretty amazing track record for developing young players and bringing them on, and the get-out-jail card he pulled out with Portsmouth was phenomenal.

(Back to normality VDA :thumbs: )

:dontknow::cheers:

so he bring through a few young players = awesome. maybe he should stick to being a youth coach then. as i've said he's been on the scene as long as i can remember and he's got the grand total of 1 trophy. i'll happily eat my words if he ever takes over 1 of the big 4 or turns another team into a force in the english league but IMO theres a reason he hasnt got a job with any big side in football = he simply isnt good enough.