Holland Vs. France

Guest LondonScottish
Fsck sake. Thats the BBC with another interview with Cappello about the England team. Soo.... where's the interview with Burley or the other home nation managers?

The English media are bias pricks.

To be fair, its exciting times for England now Capello is involved. Its just unfortunate that he didn't take over earlier, because a tournament without England just doesn't quite seem the same. Also with their current squad of World class players, they hada real chance of lifting the Euros this year.

Guest LondonScottish

Brilliant second goal.

Can't believe commentry "That goal was made by Chelsea and scored by Arsenal" What a ***ker.

Guest LondonScottish
I slated the Dutch pre tournament but they've been frigging ace so far

what a great game, football is, at that level, awesome.

Just awesome. What a game.

I slated the Dutch pre tournament but they've been frigging ace so far

what a great game, football is, at that level, awesome.

I didn't go as far as to slate them, but didn't think they were going to qualify from "The group of death", however they have been very good.

They seem to be carrying a wee bit of luck on top of playing some great football, and if that continues they'll be a hard side to beat.

As just mentioned on MOTD, it will be interesting to see how they do if they go a goal behind.

Am i the only one who still isn't convinced by Holland??

They've taken their chaces and going forward there good, but am still not convinced. France and Italy are 2 decent sides, there not that great, both have been going backwards for a number of years.

The dutch wont get past the semis

Guest rocket_scientist
As just mentioned on MOTD, it will be interesting to see how they do if they go a goal behind.

When I heard the very Engerlish Lineker et al saying this, I thought it came across as sour grapes, just cos they weren't good enough to qualify.

Am i the only one who still isn't convinced by Holland??

They've taken their chaces and going forward there good, but am still not convinced. France and Italy are 2 decent sides, there not that great, both have been going backwards for a number of years.

The dutch wont get past the semis

No, you're not the only one, as you can get 7/2 from bet365 and many others for them to win the tournament i.e. the bookies reckon there is a greater than 73% chance they will fail.

However, if you reckon they aint getting past the semi's, then you obviously have a number of better favourites?

Personally, I think they're well worth their favourite status. Even before the first goal v. Italy, I thought we were watching the total football of Holland 30+ years ago, such was the crispness of their passing, the excellence of the first touch and the movement on and off the ball.

So far, they've been playing the best football, racked up 3 goal margin results against the current World champions of 2006, and the 1998 World champions and 2000 Euro Champions.

They have also been hugely entertaining to watch and if they maintain this level, we could be watching one of the most dominant international sides of the modern era.

To me, that makes for an exciting propect, and I would be interested to hear from the detractors as to why you are not so similarly enthused, or who you think should be favorites?

When I heard the very Engerlish Lineker et al saying this, I thought it came across as sour grapes, just cos they weren't good enough to qualify.

Nah, I know they're bad, but come away.

They've played very well, and carried a wee bit of luck, but if things aren't going their way will they have the right mentality to get through any tricky situations?