France, Italy Or Romania

Who's gonna go through then?

I quite fancy Holland to beat Romania, they have a strong squad, and the players playing will want to prove themselves for a start in the quarters.

I'm gonna go with Italy to beat France too.

So I'm going for Italy. :laughing:

I quite fancy Holland to beat Romania, they have a strong squad, and the players playing will want to prove themselves for a start in the quarters.

Yeh i would probably agree with that aswell, France have been shocking saying that italy havent been much better!!

Guest rocket_scientist

It would be a disgrace if Holland deliberately got rid of the two World Cup finalists by laying down, but it would not surprise me. If they are as good as I think they are this year, they should go out to batter Romania and forget about the consequences. After all, they did beat them both by 3 goal margins, so what's to be scared of?

Surely the integrity of the competition is important? I understand that "winning is all", but chances are if you try and manipulate consequences, the fitba gods will turn on you. They are good enough to win this the right way. Rack up 7 consecutive victories in 90 minutes and become a force in world football again. And be popular doing it. Lay down tonight and we'll all hate you.

same here.

got money on Holland and Italy to win

Think Romania more than capable of beating Holland with half a reserve side and the rest a half hearted bunch saving themselves for the quarters at the weekend. Would be funny to see both France and Italy go out.

This is more than likely what will happen. I don't think Holland will lie down in order to eliminate Italy & France... I think they'd actually prefer both those teams to qualify, given how comfortably they beat them in the group stages. I don't they'd fancy playing the Romanians again later in the tournament, given that they couldn't beat them in two attempts during the qualifiers.

Got to go for Romania!

If Italy and France went out they have nobody to blame but themselves. Dont give me this sh*te about Holland lying doon in the last game. If either of them were as good as they make out, then they wouldn't need other teams playing their stongest squad. Would France or Italy play their full squad if they were in Hollands shoes??? I think not!

Also put a few bets on:

The Netherlands have won Group C and will play the Group D runners-up in the quarter-finals.

Romania will qualify for the quarter-finals if they beat the Netherlands, eliminating France and Italy.

If Romania fail to beat the Netherlands, the winner of France v Italy will go through.

If France and Italy draw, a point against the Netherlands would be enough to send Romania through. France must win to have any chance of qualifying.

If France and Italy share a score draw (1-1, 2-2, 3-3 etc), Italy will go through if Romania lose (by any score). In this scenario, Italy, Romania and France will be level on two points each but Italy would have scored more goals in games between the 3 teams.

Romania will finish bottom of the group if they lose and France and Italy draw 2-2, 3-3 or 4-4. France will finish bottom if they draw 1-1 unless Romania lose 3-0 or by a four-goal margin.

606: DEBATE

Who will qualify from Group C?

If France and Italy draw 0-0, Romania can lose by one goal, two goals or by a three-goal margin other than 3-0 but still qualify. In this scenario, Italy and Romania would have identical head-to-head records, but Romania would have better goal difference in ALL group matches or, in the case of the three-goal defeats, goals scored. France would finish bottom, having scored fewer goals head-to-head v Italy and Romania.

If Romania lose 3-0 to the Dutch, Italy would qualify with a 0-0 draw against France because of their superior coefficient points. France would finish bottom as they would have scored fewer goals head-to-head v Italy and Romania.

If Romania lose by four goals or more and the other game ends 0-0, Italy would proceed with a better overall goal difference than Romania. France would finish bottom as they would have scored fewer goals head-to-head v Italy and Romania.

If France and Italy draw AND Romania avoid defeat, then Romania go through.

Simple really.

italy 1-0 up after 30mins

Penalty from Pirlo, after a foul on Toni. Abidal sent off, Ribbery stretchered off. France are sh*te !!!

Some touch from toni to get a yard on the defender for the pen, the french side look soo sh*t it's unreal, also to take Nasri off was silly, down 1-0 when you must win and you take of an attacking player leaving Evra who is on a yellow card to deal with two men at a time, the manager is a fool.

get the impression the BBC are revelling in Frances misery?

lets talk to desailly...marcel, france are looking down and out, how do you feel?

arrogant *******ds. May as well have said, Marcel, England aint here so your gonna be the big guns to fall at the 1st hurdle, lets point and laugh at you instead.

I like Marcel, very good pundit and speaks with honesty, unlike most of the others who just go with the flow in order to keep the English viewers happy.

I do agree with you though Robbo, funny thing is though the English can't say fek all because they were in a pretty simple group, c**ked it up and got beat by the french in a friendly.

France were awful, yes. But it's all the manager's fault. What is he thinking!?

France have so many good players - players that weren't even called up. Flamini, Bodmer, Puygrenier, Ducasse, Gouffran, Ben Arfa, Squillaci, Marveuax, Didot, Berenguer, even Trezeguet and Jurietti...!

There are far too many players that shouldn't have been called up... Thuram, Sagnol, Malouda, Vieira, Gallas, maybe even Makelele, yes he been alright this season, but nothing special.

Actually, looking at the squad now I see Squillaci was called up, but why on earth did he not play? He is a fucking superb defender.

Anyway, Domenech's a plank, and thank fuck he's away to get fired.