Turkey

Guest LondonScottish

Guest LondonScottish

Turkey have 9 players unavailable through injury and suspension for the Euro semi against Germany, and may be forced to play their No.2 keeper as an outfield player according to coach Tolgan Zenguin.

"He could come on towards the end in defence or a centre forward. We can't allow ourselves the luxury of players choosing where they want to play"

Can you imagine Langfield coming on for Scotland in a major championship as an outfield player!!! :wave::wave:

Turkey have 9 players unavailable through injury and suspension for the Euro semi against Germany, and may be forced to play their No.2 keeper as an outfield player according to coach Tolgan Zenguin.

"He could come on towards the end in defence or a centre forward. We can't allow ourselves the luxury of players choosing where they want to play"

Can you imagine Langfield coming on for Scotland in a major championship as an outfield player!!! :wave::laughing:

:wave:

Saw on SSN this morning that they were going to be asking for permission to call up some extra players.

Guest LondonScottish
:wave:

Saw on SSN this morning that they were going to be asking for permission to call up some extra players.

I'd be shocked if they were allowed extra players. It would be totally unfair on the other nations for Turkey to get replacements for those players carded.

UEFA hae already said they won't be allowed more players. I've always wondered why teams don't just name two keepers and have an extra outfielder.

UEFA rules mean that every team must have 3 keepers in their squads.

Don't have any real sympathy for Turkey. They have been a bit unlucky but thats the way it is in football.

I really like the Turks so will be supporting them against Germany. Remarkable how they've now played 4 games and have only been ahead for about 5 minutes in total. Superb never-say-die attitude.

Still want Spain to win overall but I do have Turkey in the prestigious AFC-Chat sweepstake :rolleyes:

You must be the only one. I thought the only folk happy the turks got through were germany and turkey! Germany will murder them.

You must be the only one. I thought the only folk happy the turks got through were germany and turkey! Germany will murder them.

I really hope the Germans stuff the Turks but they have the luck in the tournament and like the Greeks a few years ago could go all the way.

Its going to be quite interesting to see what players will make it by taking injections. Nihat def out is a huge loss.

I don't really get why everyone dislikes Turkey. That's probably another reason for me liking them.

And Spain weren't diving all the time last night. A couple here and there perhaps but they should have had at least two penalties. The ref was giving everything to the Italians

I don't really get why everyone dislikes Turkey. That's probably another reason for me liking them.

And Spain weren't diving all the time last night. A couple here and there perhaps but they should have had at least two penalties. The ref was giving everything to the Italians

Well i must have been watching a diffrent game from you then as from what i saw the spainards were down at every given chance.

Guest SS RED

I have hated turkey and every turkish team since the Galatsary fans stabbed the Leeds fans to death. There scum. Come on Germany.

Couldn't care less.

Turks are scum.

Harsh, but the behaviour of many of their fans is disgraceful. I always wonder how FIFA/UEFA would have dealt with such incidents had the perpetrators been British (especially when you consider English clubs were kicked out of Euro competition for 5yrs, just because of a handful of scummy Scousers - totally ignoring the fact that Italian hooligans were instrumental in escalating tensions between them). :itch-chin:

I often wonder if FIFA and UEFA have a bias in how they crack down on hooligans. My Grandad once said that said organisations hate Brits because due to our representing ourselves individually as the 4 home nations, we have 4 votes in the democratic process of running the game, although (technically speaking) we are one United Kingdom.

Saying that, they have thus far been lenient on the Huns after the great Manchester debacle...

Guest SS RED

That is the second time you have wrote harsh then went onto agree with my post. Thanks.

There knife merchants just like the weegies.

Huns stabbed a Zenit fan in the back, Galatasary fans stabbed a 50 year old man to death.

That is the second time you have wrote harsh then went onto agree with my post. Thanks.

Huns stabbed a Zenit fan in the back, Galatasary fans stabbed a 50 year old man to death.

Deary me! youll get knives up in Aberdeen soon! :itch-chin:

every footballing nation has an arsehole element.

you use one example to brand an entire footballing nations support.

the english rampaged through Europe for years and dont forget AFC had its fair sshare of idiots.

I like Turkey a lot. Visited the country several times and every Turk Ive ever met has been really friendly and I always check up their results after watching Scotland. However, the hooliganism is very worrying in football and supposedly many fans switch allegiances every few years which makes this a lot more worrying.

Anyway, it is unfair to make statements declaring a whole nation of people scum just for the behaviour of a small group of idiots.

Guest rocket_scientist

And I hate scouse scum, weegie scum and c**kney scum. See this generalising, great fun, eh? I hate Turks and Greeks because of the colour of their complexions.