Man United -

Guest the shepherd

Guest the shepherd

I was reading through that classy Sunday newspaper the News of the World and see that the most popular team on the planet, the great Man U, are

Guest LondonScottish
I was reading through that classy Sunday newspaper the News of the World and see that the most popular team on the planet, the great Man U, are
Guest the shepherd
Is that not something to do with the Glazers taking out a loan?

Man U have i think the 2nd biggest profit in football

Fair call if true but why would they need to take out such a loan to buy out the majority shareholder when they are a multi-billionaire family :fishing: ? No business should be able to oeprate under this sort of financial strain so why are they different regardless of the profits they make and plus the old boy Malcolm Glazier is a kick in the arse away from being put in an old folks' home so surely he won't be benefitting out of this deal?

Fair call if true but why would they need to take out such a loan to buy out the majority shareholder when they are a multi-billionaire family :itch-chin: ? No business should be able to oeprate under this sort of financial strain so why are they different regardless of the profits they make and plus the old boy Malcolm Glazier is a kick in the arse away from being put in an old folks' home so surely he won't be benefitting out of this deal?

it is all abot financial gearing...essentially they make more money if they finance the takeover with debt...which is fine as long as the cost of the debt (ie the %) is less than projected returns.....the credit crunch is making this type of deal less economical...