Uefa Euro 2008 Player/team Of The Tournament

Iniesta did frigg all for me. He was played out of position in every game, struggled to anything significant most of the time because hes not left footed but yet this is the 3rd time ive heard him proclaimed as player of the tournament.

I think Cassilas or Senna should have been in with a shout. Cassilas did just as much, if not more for Spain.

Although i dont like Aragones, gotta credit him. Hes done what the Italians did, and done it better, playing 4 CM's in the same starting 11 - Iniesta, Xavi, Senna & Silva. Then takes on Fabregas to make it even tighter. Any side that can afford to leave Alonso on the bench most games has some talent.

Was risky for him to not take likes of Joaquin and Vicente just to mix things up formation wise but have to hold my hands up, knew what he was doing this time.

Iniesta did frigg all for me. He was played out of position in every game, struggled to anything significant most of the time because hes not left footed but yet this is the 3rd time ive heard him proclaimed as player of the tournament.

Not sure what game you were watching? Iniesta and Xavi were outstanding last night...the best players on the park IMHO. Senna also does a good job for spain, in that he sits back and allows these guys to push forward and express themselves.

One of those three for player of the tournament... I'd probably go with Xavi if pushed.

Xavi for me but the entire spanish midfield were superb. saying that the whole team were awesome!

Same here i thought Xavi was outstanding last night but does help when you have such a great understanding playing alongside Iniesta for club and country they were both great last night. The whole Spanish midfield was great right through the tournament and deserved to win it. :(

thought Senna was outstanding, but being a Brasilian he shouldnt have been there in the first place.

something that stood out from Euro08 was the amount of ringers. Did Poland not have a brasilian playing for them? add in Senna, Mehmet Auralio and most of the Portugal team were ringers... 2 Poles playing for the Germans? wtf they hate eachother... poor show. Strange how the Spanish had only 1 black player, while the French had only 1 white player? wtf again. France were a disgrace.

Players who enhanced their reputation? Id say Semih is due a big move he looked a player, a few other Turks like Altintop, Nihat and Sabri did well, I thought cough cough** Sionko was outstanding for Czechs and Balack was a one man team for the Krauts. Actually thought that Frei looked a good player until he buggered his leg.

Spain deserved winners and top player hard to say any from Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Iniest, Xavi, Senna or Villa were all outstanding.

Great tournament and a good final for a change.