Gareth Barry

Guest LondonScottish
i was watching Setanta news yesterday and they have Barry quoted as saying

"i want to go to Liverpool now as the manager has had time to be a pundit on BBC but he doesnt have time to talk to me"

sounds like a right spoilt brat to me

Gareth Barry is on a contract and O'Neill has told him he can't go unless Liverpool stump up about

i honest to god cant understand rafa's thinking.

Gareth Barry, average english player who had a semi decent season last term but was only made to look better because he took the penalties...he wont get to do that for Liverpool.

In order to get in Barry, you have to get rid of Xabi Alonso, now im sorry, but Alonso is twice the player Barry is so why the hell are they trying to force him out. Hes said in every interview that he wants to stay at liverpool and will only go to Juve if hes pushed out of the club. Juve are looking at other targets because hes so desperate to stay.....and yet Barry is still on Rafa's wanted list.

Another CM should not be Liverpools top priority

• 3 weeks later...
Guest LondonScottish
I think Barry is an excellent player, and will do well for Liverpool in their pursuit of a champions league place. ;)

Seriously though, Liverpool don't half sign some amount of sh*te - (not talking about Barry).

I wonder if Liverpool may have shot themselves in the foot arguing over a couple of extra million for Barry, as Arsenal are looking good for matching Villa's

Sidwell is a class act. One of the main reasons for Reading being promoted and holdin their own in the EPL. I'm surprised he signed for Chelsea, with Newcastle and Man Utd interested. Still, he got his big Chelsea pay-day, and can now move on and play again.

Barry is only being valued in comparison to other England Captains and midfielders.