Touzani Has Left

Aberdeen Football Club can confirm that Karim Touzani has left the club this afternoon. The Dutchman has returned home to sign a three year deal with Sparta Rotterdam.

The former Ajax Academy youngster joined from FC Twente in 2006. He made 25 appearances for the Dons scoring one goal which came against Dundee Utd at the end of last season. Deployed in defence and midfield, his career at Pittodrie was hampered by injury.

Everyone at Pittodrie would like to wish Karim all the best for the future.

Well done Aberdeen, another player gone from our already small squad and again gone for nothing despite having a year left on his deal.

All the best Karim.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Aberdeen, another player gone from our already small squad and again gone for nothing despite having a year left on his deal.

All the best Karim.

Has it been confirmed we got nothing ?

If that is the case then questions have to be asked about the business acumen of those

who took the decision.

Far too many players leave us for nothing.

We really are a joke club. No wonder we're in so much debt when we make bad business decisions like this.

Bad business decisions???

How many clubs are going to buy Touzani for money since he has made overall 16 starts in 2 years. Surprised people are kicking up a stink that we should have got a massive fee for someone so many injuries and also didn't set the heather on fire. My concern is the squad size though although at least we are covered in midfield.

It's like when a player who has been out injured for ages returns : He's like a new signing.

When we release one for free : The release of the wages is really like receiving a transfer fee.

But, until the club actually state he was released for zilch, i'll keep calm. :laughing:

How many clubs are going to buy Touzani for money since he has made overall 16 starts in 2 years. Surprised people are kicking up a stink that we should have got a massive fee for someone so many injuries and also didn't set the heather on fire. My concern is the squad size though although at least we are covered in midfield.

So you're saying you're happy he's left for nothing (presumably)? It's not his fault Jimmy rarely picked him. When he did play he tended to do a job. I don't think even 100k would have been unreasonable.

Exactly, that's why I'm so angry. We should have got about 250k in today's market.

No we wouldn't have, as much as i liked him we should have atleast got 50k to cover wages and that.

Afterall if we got 250k for him i would be affa happy but then again annoyed that Barry Went for nothing...

So you're saying you're happy he's left for nothing (presumably)? It's not his fault Jimmy rarely picked him. When he did play he tended to do a job. I don't think even 100k would have been unreasonable.

Not that bothered as games i watched him play for reserves and also first team i felt the majority he was pretty sh*te especially in defence where he was a liability. There is a couple of games he was fantastic but then again it wasn't very often but overall i felt he was not suited for the scottish game. No point on having someone at the club that is out for 1/2 a season especially with the size of our squad. The comments on here makes him out to be diego maradona which makes me laugh.

To answer your question in bold, if a team's willing to give him a three year deal then they must rate him to a certain extent. I'm sure