Films

Just watched 'Taxi Driver' at the Vue.

It was already up there as one of my favourite films, but seeing it in the cinema proper for the first time, was fucking ace. Definitely top 3.

Great soundtrack, great story, great character arch, beautifully shot on film, brilliant acting. 

I could talk about it all day, it's little subtleties, the slight and small moments that add to the character and the film in general, truly a masterpiece. 

Whats abdy else's favourite film?

10 hours ago, milne_afc said:

The Goonies

Top Gun

True Romance

Django Unchained

Platoon

True Romance and Django are good picks. 

Never much liked The Goonies or Top Gun, Platoon is good but haven't seen it in ages. 

1 hour ago, cheesepipes said:

That i do not doubt. 

Found it slow and boring 30 odd years ago and never watched it since. 

Will revisit it since we've became friends. 

One flew over the cuckoo's nest

Platoon

Ghostbusters 

Out for Justice 

'One flew' in ashamed to say I've only seen once. Must rewatch. 

Good, eclectic picks there though ?? 

I haven’t seen it but that’s due to never having watched the person he’s impersonating, so it would be wasted on me. 

I think his act worked in 90’s kids films and was left to nostalgia for good reason. Don’t even know if he still works. I’ll go google 

Watched a fair few in the last couple days. 

Le Haine- A 25 year old French film, very very good, rated it highly. 

Wings of Desire- A Wim Wenders one, German film, but really beautiful and life affirming. I liked the premise of the guardian angels. 

Heat- Never seen it but been told time and again how much I'd enjoy it and by fuck, it's absolutely incredible. Everything about it is so good, 2hr50 min version I watched and I was hooked on every minute. Absolutely class film with Pacino and De Niro at the peak of their careers, IMO. 

Would recommend all 3.

1 hour ago, Dad said:

La Haine you wee prick - come on now 

But aye - one of my faves it is; it was distributed amongst members of the French government in order to educate them about the alarming levels of disdain the youth of Paris had for them.

Vinnie Cassel - hes the man; generally owt he's been in is shit 'ot (spare a couple of the ones he did in the US) ?

Haha, my mistake! 

Aye, I've seen him in a few things, will need to watch some more. 

3 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Watched a fair few in the last couple days. 

Le Haine- A 25 year old French film, very very good, rated it highly. 

Wings of Desire- A Wim Wenders one, German film, but really beautiful and life affirming. I liked the premise of the guardian angels. 

Heat- Never seen it but been told time and again how much I'd enjoy it and by fuck, it's absolutely incredible. Everything about it is so good, 2hr50 min version I watched and I was hooked on every minute. Absolutely class film with Pacino and De Niro at the peak of their careers, IMO. 

Would recommend all 3.

Heat is good.

slow steady buildup. I like the script. 

~20+ years since I saw la haine 

On 5/28/2021 at 2:16 PM, Bad_Mobby said:

Watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood on the plane last night (probably 5th or 6th time) 

excellent - one of those films you can watch all the time (like Goodfellas, Jaws and Kingpin) 

9/10 

west > america > fairytales > hollywood 

5 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Right up there among Mann's finest and a classic re-watchable.

I was told LAPD use it as a SWAT training aid - nae sure how true that is. But Andy McNab advised and trained the cast for 3 months with live ammunition for the shoot-out scene apparently 

The treasure of the Sierra madre

1948, black and white, Humphrey Bogart. Coupla down n outs join the gold rush and team up with a crazy old boy. Bandits involved. No tits. 

Widely regarded as a classic of cinema. I fell asleep a short while. Won’t watch again 

Well kinda still is the way it is. Because some people think their shit life isn't as shit as some imaginary other so they are proud. Entirely about things they didn't do and never ever could. 

Watching Austin Powers Spy Who Shagged Me. Imperious. I'm just going to say it... 5 stars.

Edit to add link.

• Dildo 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aquaman. Superhero that can swim fast. CGI galore, fuck knows what's going on, loads of sea monsters n'that. 5/10, the laddie enjoyed it. No tits but Amber Heard is in it and she's as fit as a butchers dog. You can see what drove Depp so fucking crazy. I reckon I'd instantly spunk my pants if she even glanced in my direction.