Manchester City Fans Hire Trawler

Guest LondonScottish

Guest LondonScottish

12 Manchester City fans have hired a trawler to take them to the Faroes for their UEFA cup match this week, due to the prohibitive cost of flights. (They paid

I certainly know of some Scotland fans that took a fishing boat from the Kyle of Lochalsh to the Faroes when we were playing them last year.

Sounded like a good idea, although their plan of having a barbeque on the boat would have put me off joining them. :thumbs:

Has this broken down or fallen through?

Just caught something on the news about it, and the fans were on about needing help and if anyone had a jet they could borrow?!

Bad weather meaning they may not make the game according to Northsound.

I certainly know of some Scotland fans that took a fishing boat from the Kyle of Lochalsh to the Faroes when we were playing them last year.

Sounded like a good idea, although their plan of having a barbeque on the boat would have put me off joining them. :thumbs:

Hey the BBQ on the boat was superb! :applause: I was one of them who was on the boat from Kyle of Lochalsh. Took 23 hours to get there, seen whales,dolphins and puffins on the way up. The boat only had two bunks in it but six of us did the trip! Two on the floor, two in the bunks and two upstaris in the cabin.

Seen a whole lot of the other Islands in the Faroes that some folk would never get to see thanks to being on the baot. One of the most amazing trips i have ever done and would do it all in an instant, even though i only had one shower in about eight days and fell doon the hatch pished and buckled my leg and was badly seasick on the way back! :hysterical:

I believe something similar might get done again for Norway away but will see what the skipper says. :hysterical:

The City fans got a plane to take them last minute today - someone on a forum organised it for them! Although apparently they have no where to stay and don't know how they're getting back...sound slike a wild trip haha.

Skipper of the trawler wouldn't go as the seas were too rough.

Guest LondonScottish
The City fans got a plane to take them last minute today - someone on a forum organised it for them! Although apparently they have no where to stay and don't know how they're getting back...sound slike a wild trip haha.

Skipper of the trawler wouldn't go as the seas were too rough.

The Sun newspaper paid

Guest LondonScottish
Lucky b*stards :laughing:

They had quite a result in the end. Can you imagine the state they would have been in, on the trawler in those conditions!

:laughing: