Paul Robinson

Absolutely.

In this past he's proved to be a very talented keeper... I really felt for him (personally speaking, I certainly didn't feel sorry for England!) after what happened in Croatia. After that game his confidence and career decended into free fall!

I think Blackburn is a great move for him and once he's had time to pick up the pieces, I reckon he can come back and reclaim the No.1 jersey in a couple of years time.

Seems the delay was/is over Bentley who they can't quite agree on value. Still expect him to be Spurs bound, but Blackburn couldn't mess around with Friedel off to Aston Villa.

Robinson is a good keeper, but his confidence did get knocked, although I believe he brought a fair bit of that on himself with a very cock-sure but lazy attitude.

Looks like this deal will be done by the end of the week especially with Spurs away to get decent money for lennon from Portsmouth (ls you'll probably know better) But going on from what i've heard/read Bentley will be Lennons replacement for around

Guest LondonScottish
Looks like this deal will be done by the end of the week especially with Spurs away to get decent money for lennon from Portsmouth (ls you'll probably know better) But going on from what i've heard/read Bentley will be Lennons replacement for around
Bentley's gone for his Spurs medical this morning.

I'm surprised Ramos went for him to be honest. He will be well over priced as is any english player in the EPL.

Surely Ramos could have picked up someone from Spain, italy etc for cheaper.

Whats the figure being touted for Bentley?

Guest LondonScottish
I'm surprised Ramos went for him to be honest. He will be well over priced as is any english player in the EPL.

Surely Ramos could have picked up someone from Spain, italy etc for cheaper.

Whats the figure being touted for Bentley?

I reckon they've dealt at

Guest LondonScottish
not so sure. he wasnt the sole reason they were so good and i didnt think he was that impressive.

I never said that he was the sole reason: I think Ronaldo may have had a small hand in things too somehow. :checkit:

(But you don't watch the EPL so how would you know? :thumbs: )

Guest LondonScottish
Cool - report back with your findings...

:o

My crystal ball is less cloudy today. There is a real chance Arshavin may be a Tottenham player apparently soon. Ramos has had a hefty player cull for a reason....he wants to build his own team of quality players, and the Russian would fit in well to that plan.

I think that he can get Darren Bent really firing this season, and someone like Arshavin supplying the ammunition would be fantastic. You may laugh, but Bent is good. I just wonder if the whole huge transfer aspect got to him, and after a number of poor games his confidence went too.

Ramos has also persauded Dawson and Jenas to take out contract extensions.