Transfers These Days

After reading the Robbie Keane thread, it seems to me like every transfer these days seems to be conducted behind the clubs backs. Even reading the BBC rumours bit last week suggested that Robhino had already arranged what his contract was going to be at Chelsea before them and Real Madrid had even agreed a fee.

Now call me naive, but I was under the assumption that clubs had to arrange a fee with the selling club before being allowed to talk to the player, or does the inclusion of agents these days allow for a cloud to be created between players and clubs where they're free to discuss whatever they want with whoever they want.

Seems to me that nobody is doing anything about this because everyone is at it, and Fifa/Uefa don't have the balls to do anything about it.

Load of sh*te if you ask me.

After reading the Robbie Keane thread, it seems to me like every transfer these days seems to be conducted behind the clubs backs. Even reading the BBC rumours bit last week suggested that Robhino had already arranged what his contract was going to be at Chelsea before them and Real Madrid had even agreed a fee.

Now call me naive, but I was under the assumption that clubs had to arrange a fee with the selling club before being allowed to talk to the player, or does the inclusion of agents these days allow for a cloud to be created between players and clubs where they're free to discuss whatever they want with whoever they want.

Seems to me that nobody is doing anything about this because everyone is at it, and Fifa/Uefa don't have the balls to do anything about it.

You are so right.

Guest LondonScottish

Exactly. Can you imagine them fining or banning any of Europes big-boys, who actually seem to be the worst offenders. Not a chance.

• 2 weeks later...