Spurs

Guest SS RED

Guest SS RED

The signing of bentley today is excellent I think. Also in talks with Russian striker Roman Puvychenko.

Need to try to keep Berbatov though.

Modric and Dos Santos in midfield aswell, could be another exiting season at White Hart Lane.

The signing of bentley today is excellent I think. Also in talks with Russian striker Roman Puvychenko.

Need to try to keep Berbatov though.

Modric and Dos Santos in midfield aswell, could be another exiting season at White Hart Lane.

Think once that striker signs Berba will be on his way to United as Milito will be on his way in aswell as Arshavin. SPurs are looking good despite having a huge rebuild and getting rid of keane.

Guest SS RED

The League cup that Manchester United, Chealsea, Liverpool and Arsenal all play in and beat Chelsea in the final, what a stupid post bobo, Chelsea played there best team in the final.

Arshavin would be an amazing signing. Picture.... Dos Santos, modric, Bentley and Arshavin in the same midfield would be exellent.

The League cup that Manchester United, Chealsea, Liverpool and Arsenal all play in and beat Chelsea in the final, what a stupid post bobo, Chelsea played there best team in the final.

Arshavin would be an amazing signing. Picture.... Dos Santos, modric, Bentley and Arshavin in the same midfield would be exellent.

Anything can happen in a final. How often do Spurs beat the top 4 in the league? When did they last qualify for the Champions League? How much money do they spend compared to Arsenal? Who was the last great young player they brought through? King?

Wheres your worker in that midfield? No doubt their great going forward but what about that ropey defence behind them?

It looks great like but no real defending strengths, Modric will do some of that but need another grafter in your midfield as i cna't see the other 3 being hard in a tackle.

spurs dont really spend outwith their means though. they spend probably about as much as the rest of the "also rans". Youd be more pissed off if you were a newcastle fan. The amount theyve spent on duds like Owen and Luque alone. Then youve got the semi good ones like Martins who will be off as soon as any decent team sneezes in his general direction.

What about Sunderland while were at it.

Spurs dont spend a lot of money really by comparison. All the money they are spending is only used once they ship out another player.

Now its going to be a question of how quick can this spurs team blend

Guest SS RED

Spurs have sold Keane for 20 million, Robinson for 4, chimbonda, Tainio and Steed Malbranque for money so not spent that much more than they have taken in.

Spurs v Tims now on SS2, come on YIDS.

It looks great like but no real defending strengths, Modric will do some of that but need another grafter in your midfield as i cna't see the other 3 being hard in a tackle.

Agree with this.

They desperately need a partner for Woodgate. Dawson is a dreadful player in my opinion, and Ledley King will never keep himself fit. A top class centre-half, in addition to a Gattuso-like grafter in the centre of midfield, and I'll start believing they can break the top 4. In my opinion, a lack of steel in central midfield cost Arsenal a run at the title last season. On form, Flamini, Fabregas, Hleb, Rosicky etc, etc, will pass anyone off the park... however, when the chips are down, they can often be found wanting.

Agree with this.

They desperately need a partner for Woodgate. Dawson is a dreadful player in my opinion, and Ledley King will never keep himself fit. A top class centre-half, in addition to a Gattuso-like grafter in the centre of midfield, and I'll start believing they can break the top 4. In my opinion, a lack of steel in central midfield cost Arsenal a run at the title last season. On form, Flamini, Fabregas, Hleb, Rosicky etc, etc, will pass anyone off the park... however, when the chips are down, they can often be found wanting.

If Flamini was still there then maybe i'd agree. :tumbleweed: They should have went for makelele, ok maybe he woouldna have went but they need a player like him, i hink Dawson is alright just dodgy at times but then again who isn't?

Watching the game v celtic and bents goal was great, great touch to set himself up from a mistake and to makes things better at half time Escala were on the advert, they are even greater than football :wub:

Agree with this.

gattuso isnt the player he once was imo, would rather have a pirlo than a gattuso. As for spurs breaking into the top 4, were unlucky 2 years back and for arsenal the players you mentioned. flamini and hleb have since left, havent seen nasri so cant comment on the impact he will make. Agree that dawson isnt up to the standard that ramos is setting in his attack, i think ledley king is a great player but his injury proneness is severly concerning for any manager. not that they wouldn succeed in getting him but i think the centre back for real madrid; pepe would be ideal :tumbleweed:

Excuse me? What return have Spurs got from the money they've spent then? The CArling Cup yeah that must go some way towards putting the money back into the bank :tumbleweed:

winning the league cup should not be over looked by any means, sorry if you feel your team is a above winning a trophy but a bit of silverwear and a ticket into the uefa cup more than does me. Were pipped at the post for the CL two years ago, on the back of a good uefa cup campaign. Last season won the LEAGUE CUP so qualified for europe, out of the top 4 race due to a poor start so the emphasise for a higher place finish is non essential and again another good uefa cup campaign beaten on pens. As for the highly questionable reference to hearts :popcorn: spurs are buying and selling and WINNING trophies, struggling to see the comparison you are. Fulham and sunderland are spending more and selling less than spurs and finishing marginally above relegation. Also spurs BEAT chelsea and arsenal last season as well as drawing with each of the big 4........

i await your reply

winning the league cup should not be over looked by any means, sorry if you feel your team is a above winning a trophy but a bit of silverwear and a ticket into the uefa cup more than does me. Were pipped at the post for the CL two years ago, on the back of a good uefa cup campaign. Last season won the LEAGUE CUP so qualified for europe, out of the top 4 race due to a poor start so the emphasise for a higher place finish is non essential and again another good uefa cup campaign beaten on pens. As for the highly questionable reference to hearts :tumbleweed: spurs are buying and selling and WINNING trophies, struggling to see the comparison you are. Fulham and sunderland are spending more and selling less than spurs and finishing marginally above relegation. Also spurs BEAT chelsea and arsenal last season as well as drawing with each of the big 4........

i await your reply

Singular = trophy, Not trophies

winning the league cup should not be over looked by any means, sorry if you feel your team is a above winning a trophy but a bit of silverwear and a ticket into the uefa cup more than does me. Were pipped at the post for the CL two years ago, on the back of a good uefa cup campaign. Last season won the LEAGUE CUP so qualified for europe, out of the top 4 race due to a poor start so the emphasise for a higher place finish is non essential and again another good uefa cup campaign beaten on pens. As for the highly questionable reference to hearts :sheepshag: spurs are buying and selling and WINNING trophies, struggling to see the comparison you are. Fulham and sunderland are spending more and selling less than spurs and finishing marginally above relegation. Also spurs BEAT chelsea and arsenal last season as well as drawing with each of the big 4........

i await your reply

So you'd take winning the league cup and qualifying for the UEFA Cup every season over finishing in the top 4 every season and playing in the Champions League? Not like a Spurs fan to accept mediocrity eh :tommy:

Pipped I hear you say? In footballing terms that's often referred to as 'bottling'.

And by Hearts I was referring to Always the bridesmaid......

gattuso isnt the player he once was imo, would rather have a pirlo than a gattuso. As for spurs breaking into the top 4, were unlucky 2 years back and for arsenal the players you mentioned. flamini and hleb have since left, havent seen nasri so cant comment on the impact he will make. Agree that dawson isnt up to the standard that ramos is setting in his attack, i think ledley king is a great player but his injury proneness is severly concerning for any manager. not that they wouldn succeed in getting him but i think the centre back for real madrid; pepe would be ideal :sheepshag:

I wasn't refering to Gattuso per se. If Man United are desperate to sign Berbatov, Spurs should try and take Owen Hargreaves as part of any potential deal... he must be sick of filling in here, there and everywhere at Man United and IMHO would brilliantly complement spurs attacking flair. I just feel they lack a ball winner in midfield... Pirlo is one of my favourite players, but he's to similar in style to Modric. Both dictate the play and like to pick out passes.

gattuso isnt the player he once was imo, would rather have a pirlo than a gattuso. As for spurs breaking into the top 4, were unlucky 2 years back and for arsenal the players you mentioned. flamini and hleb have since left, havent seen nasri so cant comment on the impact he will make. Agree that dawson isnt up to the standard that ramos is setting in his attack, i think ledley king is a great player but his injury proneness is severly concerning for any manager. not that they wouldn succeed in getting him but i think the centre back for real madrid; pepe would be ideal :sheepshag:

I wasn't refering to Gattuso per se. If Man United are desperate to sign Berbatov, Spurs should try and take Owen Hargreaves as part of any potential deal... he must be sick of filling in here, there and everywhere at Man United and IMHO would brilliantly complement spurs attacking flair. I just feel they lack a ball winner in midfield... Pirlo is one of my favourite players, but he's too similar in style to Modric. Both dictate the play and like to pick out passes.

I wasn't refering to Gattuso per se. If Man United are desperate to sign Berbatov, Spurs should try and take Owen Hargreaves as part of any potential deal... he must be sick of filling in here, there and everywhere at Man United and IMHO would brilliantly complement spurs attacking flair. I just feel they lack a ball winner in midfield... Pirlo is one of my favourite players, but he's to similar in style to Modric. Both dictate the play and like to pick out passes.

You make a great point about the battler though. I really thought Spurs were going to do something when Zokora signed. Spurs, in my mind that tend to sign a big player maybe a year too late. The sign him when hes already set in his ways and they can't really improve him. Chelsea do this to an extent but because they have more cash they buy a better quality. They come across as a bit of a feeder team too.

Man Utd and Arsenal are going to (in my mind anyway) not just dominate English football, but Europe when they bear the fruits of their latest generation of talent. Fergie and Wenger both seem to have the talent of utilising a player until they can no longer perform to the high standards they've set, then sell the player on for more cash than they're worth. Beckham, RVN, Henry, Pires, Ljungberg, Petit, Overmars, Anelka, Heinze (although he wanted to leave, he wouldn't get a look in now).

Spurs have a really strong XI, no one can doubt that, it's just the squad players, thats where they cannot come close to matching United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal where their whole bench could walk into pretty much any team outside their elusive group.

So you'd take winning the league cup and qualifying for the UEFA Cup every season over finishing in the top 4 every season and playing in the Champions League? Not like a Spurs fan to accept mediocrity eh :hysterical:

Pipped I hear you say? In footballing terms that's often referred to as 'bottling'.

And by Hearts I was referring to Always the bridesmaid......

yes i would take winning the league every season and having good runs in the uefa cup over finishing 4th in the league over achieving nothing. Wow my team is in the champions league and doing nothing in it. look at celtic and rangers, who do you think will have been happier with their european campaigns, huns getting to a final or the tims qualifying for the know out stage. the gramatical sense of getting beat really makes no difference, all that showed is that the top 4 is not an unattainable goal for them. again, in what way the briesmaid. what in your view is a successful season if a trophy and european football isnt good enough?

"not like a spurs fan to accept mediocrity :thumbup1: " - where does it state this? one club for me chuck

yes i would take winning the league every season and having good runs in the uefa cup over finishing 4th in the league over achieving nothing. Wow my team is in the champions league and doing nothing in it. look at celtic and rangers, who do you think will have been happier with their european campaigns, huns getting to a final or the tims qualifying for the know out stage. the gramatical sense of getting beat really makes no difference, all that showed is that the top 4 is not an unattainable goal for them. again, in what way the briesmaid. what in your view is a successful season if a trophy and european football isnt good enough?

"not like a spurs fan to accept mediocrity :trophy: " - where does it state this? one club for me chuck

So you wouldn't call the Spurs team who lost 4th spot on the last day of the season underachievers then. What about every season where we hear "this could be Spurs year" and it very rarely is, sorry never is. If Aberdeen had the choice of 2nd every year or 3rd and a cup i'd pick 2nd everytime, because eventually with all that money coming in something has to give. Football is less and less about the glory and far too much about the money these days which is sad but true.

And apologies, I naturally assumed with how much your defending them you must have some affiliation to the team.

Guest LondonScottish
So you wouldn't call the Spurs team who lost 4th spot on the last day of the season underachievers then. What about every season where we hear "this could be Spurs year" and it very rarely is, sorry never is. If Aberdeen had the choice of 2nd every year or 3rd and a cup i'd pick 2nd everytime, because eventually with all that money coming in something has to give. Football is less and less about the glory and far too much about the money these days which is sad but true.

And apologies, I naturally assumed with how much your defending them you must have some affiliation to the team.

The Spurs team that finished 5th, narrowly missing the Champions League, over-achieved if anything compared to previous seasons and who was in their squad.

Finishing 4th in the EPL is a bigger achievement than winning the league cup. Man Utd , Liverpool and Arsenal use it as nothing more than a reserve team run out.

Chelsea fielded a strong team due to the fact that Grant had just recently taken charge and was desprate to win the fans over by winning a trophy, Any trophy.

Still think Spurs will be fighting it out with Everton , Aston Villa , Portsmouth and maybe Man City for the tag best of the rest.

Guest SS RED
Best of the rest? Top 4? what a load of utter pish.

The premiership is a joke when balloons on here (EPK) are coming out with 4th place is better than winnign a trophy, football is not about making money.

The premiership is a joke when balloons on here (EPK) are coming out with 4th place is better than winnign a trophy, football is not about making money.

Money wise it is, if you can't see and realise that then you are a tube not EPK.

So you must think Spurs had a better season than Liverpool then.