Champions League Qualifying Draw

It's good to see that Steve Mclaren will be able to get back to his speciality, being embarassed on English soil, now that his new team FC Twente drew Arsenal.

Disappointing to see the Huns avoid Atletico Madrid or Galatasaray but I wouldn't have thought Aalborg will be a pushover, assuming they get past Kaunas.

Queen of the South got some Danish team based 20km from Copenhagen.

Shoulda been us :laughing:

At least they never gotta a cracker away in eastern europe, every cloud n all that.

they couldn't have

the qualifying rounds are split into southern, central-east and northern

so it had to be a team from denmark or sweden etc

i watched both draws live, how sad :D

Guest LondonScottish
It's good to see that Steve Mclaren will be able to get back to his speciality, being embarassed on English soil, now that his new team FC Twente drew Arsenal.

Disappointing to see the Huns avoid Atletico Madrid or Galatasaray but I wouldn't have thought Aalborg will be a pushover, assuming they get past Kaunas.

Didn't do too badly in club football though? :laughing:

Guest LondonScottish
My abiding memory of him at Boro is of him winning the Worthless Cup against Bolton and getting humped 4-nil to Seville in the Uefa Cup Final.

Their luck ran out in the final against a red-hot Seville side managed by one Europes best coaches. However Middlesbrough's UEFA Cup exploits until then had some of the most exciting and intense football I have watched as a neutral at times.....thrilling to say the least. I seem to remember them going behind and requiring 3 goals to get through on a couple of occasions and storming back to win both ties. Awesome stuff.

He also did a Hell of a lot developing Middlesbrough's academy, which is now seen as one of the most successful in the EPL for producing home-grown young talent. Maybe he learnt a bit from Fergie. :laughing:

I just don't think he was a strong enough person to rule with an iron fist the bunch of prima donnas that are England.