Falkirk Subs

Guest LondonScottish
interesting sitting on bikes warming up, good concept

I think we should be doing this. Good thinking Falkirk. :thumbup1: The rugby union lads have been doing this for some time now.

None of this dancing up and down the touchline playing to the crowd.

I think we should be doing this. Good thinking Falkirk. :thumbup1:

I don't see how sitting on an execise bike can really stretch your muscles the same as a light jog.

Fair enough to get your heart and lungs going but completely different muscles involved than running / jogging.

I don't see how sitting on an execise bike can really stretch your muscles the same as a light jog.

Fair enough to get your heart and lungs going but completely different muscles involved than running / jogging.

Not a sport scientist but like you said its for keeping heart and lungs going. Better than just sitting on the bench. Means they can keep warmed up while taking in things about the game. I assume when they're warming up to actually go on they'll do it the old fashioned way with stretching.

Their sport science comes from Stirling Uni so theres maybe been research with good results?

I think we should be doing this. Good thinking Falkirk. :ThumbsDown: The rugby union lads have been doing this for some time now.

When I saw the thread I thought about that, I would be certain that if the RFU do it there are significant advantages, as professionalism came late to rugby union they have fully embraced it, in every aspect of their game.

I think we should be doing this. Good thinking Falkirk. :thumbup1: The rugby union lads have been doing this for some time now.

Always looking at new methods that can benefit Falkirk FC. Propose a similar concept to JC and you can just imagine his ignorance.