Famagusta

Bit of an upset that one. Despite their shared Greek ancestry, I bet the Cypriots are loving that one. First team from Cyprus into Champions League perhaps.

Didn't we play this team once? I have memories of a 3-0 home win over a Cypriot team, though I can't remember their exact name. I think it was during Willie Miller's time on charge. And they had a bloke playing who strongly resembled George Foreman.

The way it's going, Belarus might also have their first entry to the group stages too, with BATE Borisov winning 1-0 away. They did well in the last round, putting out Anderlecht.

I remember listing to a game on Radio Scotland - from Malta I thought although it was probably Cyprus - and the opposing manager said after we won, that he thought we were good enough to go on and win the competition.... and we went out in the next round....

Time to Google / Wikipedia this one.

I remember listing to a game on Radio Scotland - from Malta I thought although it was probably Cyprus - and the opposing manager said after we won, that he thought we were good enough to go on and win the competition.... and we went out in the next round....

OK, I remember reading that when we knocked out FC Sion out of the CWC in the preliminary rounds that we could win the cup and of course we did.

How is it an upset ?

Btw 300th Post Wooo

That's 300 posts too much. :dontknow:

Watching the liverpool game which has been alright, Standard look like a very good wuick attacking side, always looking to pass and moive, liverpool are struggling big time, they also missed a pen and had the ball saved on the line, Liverpool have been out of sorts.

Aye, I seem to remember that being said too. It might well have been written as a quote in the programme for the home leg.

Didn't we play this team once? I have memories of a 3-0 home win over a Cypriot team, though I can't remember their exact name. I think it was during Willie Miller's time on charge. And they had a bloke playing who strongly resembled George Foreman.

No, but we did take Kiriakov off their hands, after he'd man-marked Gazza out of the game when Rangers beat them.