Qos V Nordsjaelland

I actually hope Queen's win tonight or at least get a good result to take to Denmark. Previous Scottish Cup runners up such as Gretna and Dunfermline have been a laughing stock in Europe so hoping Queen's do the business tonight - although there are probably still folk who want them to lose because they beat us in April.

Guest LondonScottish
I actually hope Queen's win tonight or at least get a good result to take to Denmark. Previous Scottish Cup runners up such as Gretna and Dunfermline have been a laughing stock in Europe so hoping Queen's do the business tonight - although there are probably still folk who want them to lose because they beat us in April.

I can't see why anyone would want them to lose. Good luck to them; we had Europe in our hands but they wanted it more on the day.

Its a fairytale for them being there in the first place; could it be a longer story than expected? :soapbox:

Its a fairytale for them being there in the first place; could it be a longer story than expected?

We should be expecting QotS to win this. Nordsjaelland aren't a good Danish side, they finished 9th last year (qualifying via the fair play rankings) and are bottom of the league so far this year. If all these cup runners up deserve their place in Europe then we shouldn't be wrapping them in cotton wool and they should be criticised for results like this.

Guest LondonScottish
We should be expecting QotS to win this. Nordsjaelland aren't a good Danish side, they finished 9th last year (qualifying via the fair play rankings) and are bottom of the league so far this year. If all these cup runners up deserve their place in Europe then we shouldn't be wrapping them in cotton wool and they should be criticised for results like this.

They are in Denmark's top division, finishing 9th out of 12 last season. I don't think it's fair to give QoS any criticism as they weren't even a competitive side in our division 1. They will, more than likely not progress after tonight's score, but they are well out of their league (no pun intended), and I really hope they get that little bit of luck in the next leg.

I want any Scottish side, bar Rangers to do well in Europe, including Celtic (as long as they don't actually win it :nono: )

But I will definitely be supporting Motherwell in the UEFA, as I'm sure most other non-OF fans were rooting for us last season.

They are in Denmark's top division, finishing 9th out of 12 last season. I don't think it's fair to give QoS any criticism as they weren't even a competitive side in our division 1. They will, more than likely not progress after tonight's score, but they are well out of their league (no pun intended), and I really hope they get that little bit of luck in the next leg.

I want any Scottish side, bar Rangers to do well in Europe, including Celtic (as long as they don't actually win it :nono: )

But I will definitely be supporting Motherwell in the UEFA, as I'm sure most other non-OF fans were rooting for us last season.

I want them to win, I'm just saying that we should really have higher expectations for teams like QotS. Danish football is ranked some distance below Scottish football in the coefficient so it's quite realistic in my view to think QotS (16th highest team in our league system last year) can compete with a team finishing 9th in the Danish league last year. This is the sixth season in a row in which we've had a cup runner up in the UEFA Cup and we always seem to treat it like a David vs Goliath situation, but the reality is that the teams our qualifiers have lost to in that period are often no better than division one sides - Hafnarfjordur, etc. A bit of ambition might go a long way.

I want them to win, I'm just saying that we should really have higher expectations for teams like QotS. Danish football is ranked some distance below Scottish football in the coefficient so it's quite realistic in my view to think QotS (16th highest team in our league system last year) can compete with a team finishing 9th in the Danish league last year. This is the sixth season in a row in which we've had a cup runner up in the UEFA Cup and we always seem to treat it like a David vs Goliath situation, but the reality is that the teams our qualifiers have lost to in that period are often no better than division one sides - Hafnarfjordur, etc. A bit of ambition might go a long way.

I think you are being harsh here, to compare the coefficent is one thing but you have to remember that if you take out Rangers and Celtic, our co-efficient would be frigging terrible. Another thing is that this side according to Radio Scotland have spent over 1 million on a few players which i think is about

• 2 weeks later...