The Latest In The Joey Barton Saga....

Guest Donforlife
your point is? can a 20 year old soldier not have good earnings - can his wife/family that now have to support him not have good earnings? the guy broke his leg ffs he is young enough still to have a career that earns the same as you or I or the soldier but because he is a footballer who might have done something in the game he gets 4.5million

sad state of affairs if you ask me when a footballer who basically has done NOTHING gets 9 time the money for an injury that basically does nothing to his ability to earn wage or have a normal life but the soldier MIGHT get a piitance if he is "lucky" and only loses both legs

i agree its an absolute shambles.

disgusting really.

Court should tell this Tandy boy to go and raffle himself then charge him with wasting the courts time then invoice him the bill.

Guest LondonScottish
your point is? can a 20 year old soldier not have good earnings - can his wife/family that now have to support him not have good earnings? the guy broke his leg ffs he is young enough still to have a career that earns the same as you or I or the soldier but because he is a footballer who might have done something in the game he gets 4.5million

sad state of affairs if you ask me when a footballer who basically has done NOTHING gets 9 time the money for an injury that basically does nothing to his ability to earn wage or have a normal life but the soldier MIGHT get a piitance if he is "lucky" and only loses both legs

The Manchester Utd player had potential earning of multi millions, although there is no guarantee he would have made it to the summit. A soldier would probably average out on

Like it or not, he was a professional footballer when injured and it was potential future

earnings that were taken into account.

It's an obscene amount but that's brought on because of the obscene wages

paid to footballers.

Soldiers join up in full knowledge that they could be seriously injured

or killed and whilst it's obviously a tragedy when it happens it's the

risk they are prepared to take when joining up.