Barry Nic

I notice Nicholson scored on his debut (apparently it wasn't his debut) for Preston, good player who I fear may be sorely missed this season. I saw him as a potential captain of AFC (if it wasn't for the fact he's a Hun).

Saw that and saw Michael Hart started as a sub and came on.

Agree he will be missed this season and think Barry would of made a great captain - but what the hell has him playing for Rangers got to do with that? He was hardly a major Hun hate figure in his time there.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest the shepherd

Don't be surprised if Barry Nicholson will get a call up for Scotland when some of the so-called superstars of the old firm start pulling out of the squad for the games against Macedonia and Iceland because they dinna feel like playing, even though he is probably playing to the same standard before he left Aberdeen. Maybe a case of paranoia but I doubt it :ThumbsDown: .

• Site Sponsor
I notice Nicholson scored on his debut (apparently it wasn't his debut) for Preston, good player who I fear may be sorely missed this season. I saw him as a potential captain of AFC (if it wasn't for the fact he's a Hun).

What has his being a Hun got to do with it :laughing:

• 7 months later...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/F11064007?thr...358&show=50

Seems Preston fans are loving him...

Not any more they're not...

Preston's Footy Mad

Nicholson - Apart from Rangers & Celtic the SPL must be full of English league two players
:laughing:

Nicholson - An improvement on Carter in midfield, although that's a bit like claiming to be healthier than Jade Goody.
:laughing:

I just started thinking about how he was getting on so did a quick search and this is what I found. Seems that since the team as a whole stopped playing well, Nicholson looked worse and worse.

I would like to see all former players doing well in England to give us a better reputation but it just isn't happening.

Hart has had some bad injuries at Preston and I think Clark is always a sub at Plymouth.

Guest Donforlife
Nicholson is quite welcome to replace Jamie 'treatment table' Smith on the wage bill for next season.

Midfield of:

Nicholson McDonald Kerr Aluko

he is out for the rest of the season - well May and Preston's season will be over by then.

• 4 weeks later...