Deco Debut

cant believe theres not a thread about chelsea today.

Have you seen such a dominant display from a player who many thought was well past his prime, coming into a team the size of chelseas and yet he was the one who ran the show today.

Magnificent display and what a goal to boot!

Chelsea looking good for this season with their signings whilst Man United's squad is smaller in depth and some players another year older and slower (Giggs in particular). Just don't think United have the squad for this season and will be relying heavily on Ronaldo yet again but don't think even he can carry them this season.

man u were piss poor today. i know they had a lot of players out but they still managedt to put out a strong 11. Cambell looked very impressive for his 1st premiership start but that was all that stuck out about united. Without Ronaldo to get them out of jail, i was sure Newcastle were going to get a winner.

Coloccini and Gutierrez looked very good. Newcastle could be a surprise outfit this season (if Owen can stay fit longer than 30 mins).

Chelsea though....they looked dangerous in every position. Bearing in mind, no Drogba, no Essien, no Shevchenko (alright, no real loss there but still) and still they absolutely rinsed a Portsmouth side who held ManU to a draw last week.

I know its only the end of gameweek 1 but is it too early to put the C on that premiership trophy?

man u were piss poor today. i know they had a lot of players out but they still managedt to put out a strong 11. Cambell looked very impressive for his 1st premiership start but that was all that stuck out about united. Without Ronaldo to get them out of jail, i was sure Newcastle were going to get a winner.

Coloccini and Gutierrez looked very good. Newcastle could be a surprise outfit this season (if Owen can stay fit longer than 30 mins).

Chelsea though....they looked dangerous in every position. Bearing in mind, no Drogba, no Essien, no Shevchenko (alright, no real loss there but still) and still they absolutely rinsed a Portsmouth side who held ManU to a draw last week.

I know its only the end of gameweek 1 but is it too early to put the C on that premiership trophy?

Absolutely yes!

Ronaldo is obviously missed, but openly says if it wasn't for his team mates he wouldn't have scored so many goals last season.

Carrick going off yesterday didn't help - O'Shea just isn't the same quality.

Add to the fact they were missing Nani, Hargreaves, Anderson, Park, Saha and Tevez [who was brilliant pre season] as well as Ronaldo, and playing Rooney upfront [who missed alot of pre season] with Campbell [who did do well] and I think Fergie would laughing at anyone writing them off.

Yes they had had a slow start, but they did last season too.

Chelsea looked brilliant yesterday though, and they certainly look like being better to watch than previous years!

Arsenal also looked decent on Saturday.

Was surprised to see Spurs do so poorly at Boro, and although Liverpool looked average vs Sunderland, as long as they have Torres in their side, they are always likely to nick a goal.

One of the big four always has a slow start and it looks like it will be Man u, if they get in a striker before next week you'll see a change although Fergie did say that if any striker signs he won't be a start as he is happy with the job Rooney and Tevez do.

Put a C on the trophy if you want but no Cuunts are winning it.

I was at Old Trafford yesterday (courtesy of rgudon... ta muchly!) and Man United were really poor... devoid of any creativity whatsoever. It's slightly worrying how much United seem to rely on Ronaldo... they need something else in the midfield, that's for sure... Chelseas midfield of Ballack, Deco, Essien, Lampard & Cole is much stronger than Uniteds IMHO.

I was reasonably impressed with Newcastle actually, they looked extremely well organised and have perhaps made an absolute gem of a signing in Coloccini, who was magnificent yesterday.