Engerland V Czech Republic

The game sounds good by the looks of the BBC updates...

2124: The increasingly influential Sverkos shoots at goal. It should be regulation for James but he spills the shot and has to dive forward to gather. This is fast becoming a shambles. The atmosphere is turning

It gets better...

2127: Fabio Capello looks absolutely furious as he implores his players from his technical area. No brolly for him. It is time to get serious and I for one could not care less if he dishes out a right royal something or other in the dressing room afterwards. I'm sensing a large chunk of the population turning against England - and who can blame them?
Says on the BBC text Capello is furious and they sense the population turng on them :ThumbsDown:

:laughing:

Great to see Capello not a happy man!

Missed this game got a text saying England had won 4-2 someone tryin to wind me up after Scots game Not funny! :nono::ThumbsDown:

They seemed to stuggle by all accounts the Czech should have won.

Magic. Another game without winning for them. Do friendlies affect the world rankings? If they do, I dont think they do nearly as much as competitive games.

:crossfingers:

Yea they do affect the world rankings. Our awful record in friendlies under Berti Vogts did a lot of damage to our world ranking during his time in charge :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Ra...culation_method

Yea they do affect the world rankings. Our awful record in friendlies under Berti Vogts did a lot of damage to our world ranking during his time in charge :dontknow:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Ra...culation_method

Ah well, hopefully the number of call offs reduce in friendlies in the future so that world rankings are improved.

Also, on another thread of similar discussion, I think somebody suggested that England had far better results than us away to filter out in coming months meaning it is likely we'll close the gap on them again