Lee Mcculloch

I read that he's spat the dummy and considering retiring from international football

for as long as Burley is in charge.

Seems that others are considering their futures too.

Well Gordon Smith, if anything comes of this you have to announce

that their Scotland career has ended no matter who is in charge.

Weir took the p!ss, no other should be allowed to do so.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Sponsor
I read that he's spat the dummy and considering retiring from international football

Correct. If you turn your back then that is it. No return.

This is an interesting development. I've said a couple of times that I've not got much faith/confidence in Burley. But what do I know? I'm only a paying fan.

But when you hear about "pro's" moaning about the same thing. You've got to wonder what the hell is going on or is it just media meddling?

Traynor mentioned on saturday that some players were not happy so

i assume no smoke without fire.

There was a time it was considered an honour to represent your country.

No real loss and shouldn't play again if this is true. Waiting to see what other players are involved as Chimp said Wee Bazza won't be far away. :dontknow:

Guest the shepherd

Very good point regarding that carthorse Weir. If you retire from international football regardless of who you are or which club you play for thereafter after making that decision there should be no comeback allowed. The same should apply to Lee McCulloch if indeed he has not been "misinterpreted". There are plenty of other good players out there who have been continually overlooked to accommodate old firm players such as MCulloch and Weir for that matter and should automatically be given the chance but I very much doubt that will happen with George Burley as he has carried on from where other Scottish managers have left (e.g. jobs for the bhoys and if you are Scottish and play for a certain team in royal blue you are automatically selected). The team against Macedonia proved that.

Confirmed now.

Wont be missed. Cheerio Lee :dontknow:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/i...als/7604890.stm

We want players who want to play for their country regardless of who the manager is. Lee McCulloch no longer fits into this category but he won't be missed. Doesn't even get a game for the huns now.

Totally agree he won;t be missed, and it's a blessing that the option of picking him has been removed, however when players decide not to play for the manager, especially those who are still getting picked, you have to worry about what's going on, especially a manager who hasn't won any of his four games to date, with a squad that was doing great things under the previous two managers.

It is concerning definitely, considering McCulloch is only 30, although some players do call it a day fairly early at international football. I'm reserving judgement of Burley until after the Iceland game though as it's slightly unfair to judge him on 3 friendlies and a tough opening fixture. Macedonia are no mugs at home. Pretty sh*te performance but i'll give the guy a chance.

Guest the shepherd
So it's finally confirmed that Lee(I play for Rangers so that makes me f*^king great,ok) McCulloch has retired. While I agree that he won't be missed as he's vastly over-rated. We have to wonder what the hell is going on behind the scene's of the national team and who else is going to voice their displeasure.

:laughing:The arrogance of these players is beyond contempt. I read Duncan Shearer's comments today in the Sun newspaper and he summed it up brilliantly with the quote "who **** does he think he is?", taking into consideration Shearer was not even recognised to play for Scotland until 1994 even though he scored 28 goals in his first season at Aberdeen in 1992-93. That just shows how hard it is to represent Scotland even though you are scoring goals for fun but being continually overlooked in favour of old firm players (McCoist and Durie back then). Take a bow, Mr Shearer for your comments. :thumbup1:

There's only one Duncan shearer,

Only one Duncan Shearer,

Walking along,

Singing a song,

Walking in a Shearer wonderland.

The man transfered this attitude when he pulled on the Red of AFC and will be remembered fondly. Hope the hip gets sorted big man.

Here's what he thinks of McCulloch

DUNCAN SHEARER would still walk over broken glass to play for Scotland