Chrome

Bobby Connor

• 3 months later...

can anyone help? when accessing my hotmail account through chrome i can read all messages and such no problem but when I try and reply to any or start a new e-mail the text area is just dead so am unable to espond at all?? Do I need to install some kind of an add-on?? It works fine with internet explorer but arsed we that as it's too slow!!

• 2 years later...

Recently been tempted away from firefox to chrome - using both just now.

I have to say its very nice, uber quick, some nice extensions for it etc - my only concern is the lack of user customisation and the amount data it appears to be collecting about my habits.

I think i'll use it as my ''safe'' browser.

smiley_sherlock.gif

• 1 year later...

As of today, yes.

Long time Firefox user, but yesterday, and even more so today, it was thinking slower than Big Man on a good day. So made the switch, and bam, the pages were coming quicker than Redstar in the midst of his Just Men collection.

Very impressed.

Too many releases with FF switched me off.

Been using Chrome for around 2 years.

:applause:

Been chrome for years and only downside ever been aware of was when using online banking. One of my banks doesn't run properly on chrome and has problems logging in. They've never actually informed us punters of this, we only learn it when we phone up after having entry-problems. It's like they can't advertise the fact as they might as well say our programmers are shit and can't make our internet banking work on a hugely popular browser. Muppets.

there's a few sites like that with Chrome. i run Safari for windows as my alternate for when that happens. it seems to work fine when Chrome won't.

Too many releases with FF switched me off.

Been using Chrome for around 2 years.

:applause:

If you checked the release history for Chrome you'd realise that there are just as many releases per year (if not more) for Chrome as there is for Firefox. Chrome is just better at doing its update in a stealthy manner so you don't notice and it was the fact that Chrome were doing so many updates per year that Firefox made the switch to regular updates to make sure they didn't fall behind Chrome in terms of new features etc.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/02/07/mozilla_to_four_versions_of_firefox_in_2011/

Firefox have acknowledge users constantly noticing updates does led to "update fatigue" (you are a clear example of that) and were aiming to introduce stealthy updates like Chrome - http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/10/06/firefox_silent_updates/

I'm currently giving Chrome a go. I've been a fan and user of Firefox for years but the last few versions I have found sluggish and had performance issues. Simply scrolling a basic website can be very jerky and slow. Chrome is nice and nippy though but I'll see how I get on as using my default browser.

If you checked the release history for Chrome you'd realise that there are just as many releases per year (if not more) for Chrome as there is for Firefox. Chrome is just better at doing its update in a stealthy manner so you don't notice and it was the fact that Chrome were doing so many updates per year that Firefox made the switch to regular updates to make sure they didn't fall behind Chrome in terms of new features etc.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/02/07/mozilla_to_four_versions_of_firefox_in_2011/

Firefox have acknowledge users constantly noticing updates does led to "update fatigue" (you are a clear example of that) and were aiming to introduce stealthy updates like Chrome - http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/10/06/firefox_silent_updates/

I'm currently giving Chrome a go. I've been a fan and user of Firefox for years but the last few versions I have found sluggish and had performance issues. Simply scrolling a basic website can be very jerky and slow. Chrome is nice and nippy though but I'll see how I get on as using my default browser.

That was really the point I was making. The update cycle was way too intrusive.

All I get with Chrome is a wee arrow on my menu tab which means I can update when I can be bothered/notice it.