Portal

robbo

after watching the zero punctuation review of it, decided to look for some youtube vids to see what it looked like, ended up finding a guy who does complete walkthroughs and uploads them in 11 min slots....negating to need to play them.

I only intended to watch 1 vid to see how it looked but ended up captivated and ruined them game for myself by watching it all.

Have to say, as far as originality goes, this one is amazing and fully deserves the praise it was given. My feeble brain couldnt compute how the hell the guy was going to get around obstacles and even by the end im sitting thinking "theres no way in hell id have worked that out" but if anyone is looking for a real mind bender of a game....portal is the muts nuts

• 1 month later...

epic game aint it.

the part that confused me were using the super jumps, incase you havent got that far, ill say no more but i guarantee youll be bleary eyed by the end. I felt a bit motion sick after watching the guy do it.

I think motion sickness is my main problem. Have to take a break every now and then as you do feel dizzy after a while doing all those mental jumps and moves. The game is smart though, simple yet very enjoyable.

Oh well managed to complete it already. It was a short game but it is one superb game, really makes you use your brain. How mental is that song at the end though!? The computer in the game reminds me of Hal from Space Odyssey.

I found the super jumps fairly easy. The thing I hated was getting those energy balls to go in the direction you wanted it to. A lot of trial and error to find the right angles and right places to stick your portals.

If anyone hasn't played this game I highly recommended it.

Oh well managed to complete it already. It was a short game but it is one superb game, really makes you use your brain. How mental is that song at the end though!? The computer in the game reminds me of Hal from Space Odyssey.

I found the super jumps fairly easy. The thing I hated was getting those energy balls to go in the direction you wanted it to. A lot of trial and error to find the right angles and right places to stick your portals.

If anyone hasn't played this game I highly recommended it.

When I get home I'm going to finish Bioshock then move onto Orange box until Gears 2 comes out. I played the first dozen levels at my brothers a while back, quality game. Beats Brain Training any day!

i liked the part of portal where you had 8-10 of those tripod guns shooting from different squares and you had to port in behind them then kick them over. Brilliant stuff. That and when youd cock up and go back into FPS mode by accident and try to shoot those tripods...but theyd fall through the hole you accidentally made in the floor and come out another wall. Made me laugh so much.

• 2 years later...

Anyone ken if the second one is any good, got The Orange Box at cashies the other day for a 5er, amazing game

aye, its pretty superb in all fairness. considering portal 1 was a freebee and was sensational, portal 2 is the same thing but with the weight of full focus and proper backing.

• 3 weeks later...