Spurs Vs Villa

Looking forward to this one tomorrow night....

Such is life in English Premiership, if Juande Ramos loses this one the knives will surely be out? I was amazed when I read these statistics concerning the dreadful start he's made as manager of Tottenham:

1. Won 10, drawn 10 and lost 10 of their 30 Premier League matches under Juande Ramos.

2. Picked up one point from the last available 12.

3. A 0-1 win away to relegated Reading on 3 May is their only victory in 10 Premier League outings.

4. On the longest current run of any club of 10 matches since scoring more than a single goal in a Premier League game. The most recent occasion was the 2-0 home victory over Portsmouth on 22 March 2008.

5. Just two points from a possible 15 have been picked up at White Hart Lane since that victory over Portsmouth.

... Villa are a difficult team to break down, but surely this is a must win fixture for Ramos... even at this early stage of the season!

Such is life in English Premiership, if Juande Ramos loses this one the knives will surely be out? I was amazed when I read these statistics concerning the dreadful start he's made as manager of Tottenham:

1. Won 10, drawn 10 and lost 10 of their 30 Premier League matches under Juande Ramos.

3. A 0-1 win away to relegated Reading on 3 May is their only victory in 10 Premier League outings.

4. On the longest current run of any club of 10 matches since scoring more than a single goal in a Premier League game. The most recent occasion was the 2-0 home victory over Portsmouth on 22 March 2008.

5. Just two points from a possible 15 have been picked up at White Hart Lane since that victory over Portsmouth.

... Villa are a difficult team to break down, but surely this is a must win fixture for Ramos... even at this early stage of the season!

Im looking forward to it.. Not sure its a must win yet.. tho.. Villa have a smashing side.. Carew, Young and Agbonlahor are all smashing players.. Should be a good game.

Guest LondonScottish
Also, I see Man Citys right back, the Croatian international Vedran Corluka has been brought in to play right back... Does this spell the end for Hutton? An emotional return to the great unwashed?

Isn't Hutton still injured? I wouldn't surprised if Corluka plays CB with Woodgate when Hutton returns.

Isn't Hutton still injured? I wouldn't surprised if Corluka plays CB with Woodgate when Hutton returns.

Why not just sign a partner for Woodgate rather than another right back... a waste of talent if you move Corluka to centre half IMHO? If Ledley King is fit then surely he'll partner Woodgate! It seems really strange, Corluka is one of the top young right backs in Europe, he was sensational this summer for Croatia... if I was Hutton I'd be worried.

Guest LondonScottish
Why not just sign a partner for Woodgate rather than another right back... a waste of talent if you move Corluka to centre half IMHO? If Ledley King is fit then surely he'll partner Woodgate! It seems really strange, Corluka is one of the top young right backs in Europe, he was sensational this summer for Croatia... if I was Hutton I'd be worried.

I get the impression he doesn't see a future for King at Tottenham. :dontknow:

King is probably Tottenhams best player when fit. I feel really sorry for him, I've heard quite a few reports that he's reached the end of the road with all the injuries he's carrying.

He or Ramos has?

Think he's a great player too, but he's barely played the last few years. Can't blame Spurs for wanting a replacement who's more likely to be fit and playing.

He also won Spurs first silverware since 1999 (and humped Arsenal 5-1 :trophy: ).

not a great start losing to middlesbrough and sunderland but the point at chelsea was ok.

at the end of last season they had nothing to play for, had already qualified for europe and weren't really involved in a relegation battle so it's no wonder the stats look so bad for the last 10 games.

i'm sure spurs season will start in earnest tomorrow especially with Corluka and Pavluchenko in the team. :itch-chin::angry2:

Pavlychenko set to make his debut tonight, think he will be a good player for us just need to wait and see how him and Bent get on together.

Maybe Corluka and Campbell to play aswell.

Guest the shepherd

If my memory serves me correctly the same fixture last season finished 4-4 so chances are that tonight's game will end up 0-0:laughing:. Don't be surprised to see Alan Hutton return "home" for a cut price

Guest LondonScottish
If my memory serves me correctly the same fixture last season finished 4-4 so chances are that tonight's game will end up 0-0. :banghead: Don't be surprised to see Alan Hutton return "home" for a cut price
Guest LondonScottish
Dawson surely can't be that young now?

Same old Spurs this season so far. So much expected of them and yet they flatter to deceive again.

Massive transitional stage. Losing Berbatov and Keane was huge, along with a decent number of regular first teamers. Maybe the decision to not meet Zenith's valuation of Arshavin might be a very poor one.

Maybe the decision to not meet Zenith's valuation of Arshavin might be a very poor one.

I don't think that's where they're lacking to be honest... the have quality in that area with Modric & Giovani. As they're saying on Setanta get Bentley on to provide some service to Pavlyuchenko. They lack cutting edge without Modric. Lennon has been the most positive player in Spurs jersey, but he can't cross the ball... watch him, he just sort of stands the ball up every time, its too easy for the defenders to deal with and leaves the forward with everything to do. Strikers like Pavlyuchenko need the ball whipped in with pace.