Ballon D'or

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know why a lot of the players are on there, there is only a few stand out players over the past 12 months so only put them forward. Having 30 players is a bit of a joke, Luca Toni? He couldn't even score against us! Van Der Sar, cost his country big time in the Euros. Rooney, hardly a goal machine and done nothing special.

Would love it if someone elso other than Ronaldo won it, the English media would have kittens.

Luca Toni? He couldn't even score against us!

Toni scored 24 goals in the Bundisliga , 10 goals in the UEFA cup , and 5 goals in the German cup including 2 in the final.

Overall, Toni finished the season with 39 goals and 12 assists in 46 matches.

Worthy shount IMO.

Toni scored 24 goals in the Bundisliga , 10 goals in the UEFA cup , and 5 goals in the German cup including 2 in the final.

Overall, Toni finished the season with 39 goals and 12 assists in 46 matches.

Worthy shount IMO.

Torres? 40 goals last season and got winner in European Championships final.

My point exactly, Toni is a good goal scorer but you would have to be deluded to put him amongst the very best players in Europe. The fact is he isn't in the same category as the likes of Torres, Ronaldo or Villa.

My point exactly, Toni is a good goal scorer but you would have to be deluded to put him amongst the very best players in Europe. The fact is he isn't in the same category as the likes of Torres, Ronaldo or Villa.

So for a list of 30 of Europes best players from 2007 / 8 you would not have Luca Toni in it ?

Exactly , 1 goal less than Torres during the season.

I think he is worthy of being in the last 30 nominees

As do I.

And he managed to score against Langfield, that on it's own is worth a place on the list.

Pepe is absolute sh*te.

Iker Casillias is worth a shout. They usually like to give it to someone who's won a major trophy and he won two. Been saving Real Madrid's skin for years now.

He's a diving nut aswell. Big blouse.

Can't understand some of these selections i thought Eto'o had a poor season/year for Barca. Also Pepe is a very poor CB and should not be in the Real team.

Luca Toni - :hysterical::gay::hysterical:

You obviously don't watch much European football. All of the above bar Pepe had a strong year.

Eto'o was injured a lot, but has started this season in great form.

Someone already pointed out that Toni scored 39 goals for Bayern and won the Bundesliga. If you don't consider that a succesful year, then what would you.

Can't believe some people are questioning the inclusion of Ibrahimovic? They obviously don't follow Serie A. The guy has been absolutely out of the world for the past 18 months.

He is to Serie A, what Ronaldo and Messi are to the Premier League & La Liga.

They are the current top 3 in European football. Xavi & Iniesta also deserve honourable mentions....

You obviously don't watch much European football. All of the above bar Pepe had a strong year.

Eto'o was injured a lot, but has started this season in great form.

Someone already pointed out that Toni scored 39 goals for Bayern and won the Bundesliga. If you don't consider that a succesful year, then what would you.

I personally don't think Eto'o had a good season last and this season the La liga is only 7 games in.

As for Toni was just laughing due to Aberdeen managing to prevent him from scoring against us after the amount of goals he scored overal.