Newcastle V Man City

Guest SS RED

Glad I'm not the only one whose found Craig Burley extremely irritating.

Can't believe how poorly city & in particular, Joe and Robinho have performed. I was looking forward to seeing the Geordies take a pummelling tonight.

Those two have just spent the last 3 days traveling the world, what do you expect? They shouldna have started.

I stuck 2 quid on newcastle on betfair at 29-1 when they went 1 down, gutted when city scored with 5 minutes to go, thought they might have held on. City were awful, for all that money they've spent as well. Nevermind they'll have a few pennies to spend in the January window.

It wasn't a great game but made worse by the Craig 'trying to be controversial but just p*ssing everyone off by sounding like a tit' Burley.

Was I the only one that got the impression Burley was desperate for City to lose? Every English game I watch on Sectarian he seems to favour 1 team in the commentary. Very unprofessional.

I switched off straight after the match, what was said between Burley and Graham Poll after the match?

It wasn't a great game but made worse by the Craig 'trying to be controversial but just p*ssing everyone off by sounding like a tit' Burley.

Was I the only one that got the impression Burley was desperate for City to lose? Every English game I watch on Sectarian he seems to favour 1 team in the commentary. Very unprofessional.

I switched off straight after the match, what was said between Burley and Graham Poll after the match?

Poll basiclly said that from the angle the ref was at and the marginal touch on the ball that the defender got plus the contact the defender made on the striker he agreed it was a penalty.

Burley then went off on one and said all that Poll was doing was agreeing with the ref and they were sticking together and he continued to rave on like a lunatic.

Poor mans Andy Gray.

Poll basiclly said that from the angle the ref was at and the marginal touch on the ball that the defender got plus the contact the defender made on the striker he agreed it was a penalty.

Burley then went off on one and said all that Poll was doing was agreeing with the ref and they were sticking together and he continued to rave on like a lunatic.

Poor mans Andy Gray.

Craig Burley was behaving like an idiot... he was making out as though it was blatently not a penalty - when in fact it was a highly debatable decision. My mate and I both shouted out "stonewaller" when we saw it in real time. My ears were bleeding by the end of his commentary... next time he's on setanta I'm turning the sound off.

I have to say I completely agree with Graham Poll on this one, Beyes tackle was from behind, he took the man before he made the faintest touch on the ball. Had Beye not cleared out Robinho, he would almost certainly have scored as the slight touch from Beye did not alter the course of the football.

Definite penalty in view... Craig Burley SHUT YOUR F_CKIN' NOISE!

Andy Gray is a very good commentator, usually complemented with a range of intelligent, thoughtful observations.

Craig Burley, on the other hand, is just a half-wit.

Burley just says things to be controversial and he seems incapable of giving an impartial view on the game.

For the record, stone wall penalty in my eyes, Poll was 100% correct.

Andy Gray is a very good commentator, usually complemented with a range of intelligent, thoughtful observations.

Craig Burley, on the other hand, is just a half-wit.

I like Andy Gray as a pundit, great passion for the game, but I do think that he often tends to state the bleedin' obvious.

I agree Craig Burley is a divot, although not as bad at punditry (is that a word) as Dion Dublin, what a waste of space he is.