Juande Ramos sacked

Harry on SSN now saying he will be the new Spurs manager, deal done tonight.

boost.

make no bones about it though, this is a crisis appointment for Spurs. Harry would never have got the job if we weren't in the situation we are currently in.

when he took over at Portsmouth he was there to take them to the next level i.e. win a cup / qualify for europe. he did a brilliant job at that.

he's now at Spurs to stop us getting relegated, which I'm sure he'll do but that's it. I doubt he'll be there long term.

Spurs are basically starting from scratch again.

Ramos got lucky at Sevilla, writing was on the wall when he refused to learn the language. Not a given the 'arry will get them out of trouble either because they are worse than sh1te just now.

Love seeing them at the bottom of the table, long may it continue.

Guest rocket_scientist

Spurs sack Ramos, and surprise the football world by appointing Redknapp. Bish bash bosh. Done deal. Problem identified. Problem excised. Beautiful.

Reminded me of PLG at Ibronx. Murray and/or Bain identified the problem - an underperforming manager - spoke to a potential successor behind the scenes, got agreement in principle from him, then wielded the axe, taking the Scotland manager back to Rangers.

Consider the AFC angle. We have exactly the same problem, according to the majority of AFC fans, a manager that is marking time, with no stomach for the future, and zero ability to get anywhere near the indisputable potential that we have.

There is a big difference with the Ramos, PLG and the Blunderwood situations though. At Spurs and Rangers, the board acted to line up a successor, then wielded the axe to cut out the festering problem. At Aberdeen, our DoF doesn't even see fat orangeman as a problem, thus the contract extension.

On here, two of my "opponents" in particular - and it is always healthy to have opposing views in debate, thus enabling us all to see the extended, bigger picture and consider all possibilities - have repeatedly challenged my debate by asking me to stipulate who should succeed the inept obese one. My answer was to say that my opinion doesn't matter, as I am not qualified, not working in football, to ideniify his potential successor and to see if they might be available.

They then attempted to discredit my argument by saying it was a cop out not to say who should be the next manager, repeatedly pointing out the incongruity of my saying on one hand not qualified to appoint a successor, but on the other qualified to say there is a problem.

Their desperate attempts to twist the debate will be based on their own reasons and their own motivations, and much as I couldn't care less what these people have to say, the Ramos/Redknapp and PLG/Smith situations are excellent examples whereby a club acts behind the scenes to fix a known and identified problem. This is what Aberdeen should have been doing, in my book, well before now.

Rumours of McGhee in within 48 hours were disappointing. Much as I would welcome anyone instead of JC, if there were any basis of truth in AFC talking to him about the possibility, then the fact that it came into the public domain was disgraceful and unprofessional and self-defeating. The well run, ambitious and progressive club does not air its moves in advance, although a half decent run clun would never have given that blundering idiot a 3 year deal earlier this year.

Spurs fans went to bed last night with anxiety and concern and woke up this morning with renewed hope and anticipation for the rest of the season. What have we got to look forward to? Miller thinks fatman was worth an extended deal. The fans, including the ones who he's driven away already,.do not.

Ramos got lucky at Sevilla, writing was on the wall when he refused to learn the language. Not a given the 'arry will get them out of trouble either because they are worse than sh1te just now.

Love seeing them at the bottom of the table, long may it continue.

2 UEFA Cups, a Super Cup, 1 Copa Del Rey and a Spanish Super Cup would suggest he was far from lucky at Sevilla.

I wonder if Harry will do a similar job to what he did when he took over Southampton when they were at the bottom of the Premiership?

eh I frigging hope not.

Posted by rowW_sheep on 26 Oct 2008 12:15 Complain | Reply

re: Okay here is a list of possible replacements. ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimmy Calderwood. He took us to the last 32 of the Uefa Cup last year and there are rumours he's to be sacked within 24 hours

come on, own up, who's trying to hawk calderwood on the pompey mad board....... :suicide:

Guest rocket_scientist
2 UEFA Cups, a Super Cup, 1 Copa Del Rey and a Spanish Super Cup would suggest he was far from lucky at Sevilla.

I read today that he had lost the dressing room. The results this season have been shocking. Hey Ho. Sack Ramos, 1-0 up already today! Take heed, Milne.