Robinho

Guest SS RED

hes hardly doing badly though. Hes finishing the chances that Samaras, Vassell and everyone else whos name escapes me, didnt.

I liked how even though hes the most expensive british transfer, when he scored the 1st goal he beckoned Sturridge over, got down and pretended to polish his boots for him. Youd think being who he is and who he played for last season that hed have a "billy big time" atttitude about him. Was just good to see that he wanted to praise this 19 yr old nobody for giving him 2 easy goals.

I liked how even though hes the most expensive british transfer, when he scored the 1st goal he beckoned Sturridge over, got down and pretended to polish his boots for him. Youd think being who he is and who he played for last season that hed have a "billy big time" atttitude about him. Was just good to see that he wanted to praise this 19 yr old nobody for giving him 2 easy goals.

I like Robinho. Excellent footballer who doesn't fancy himself as the bigtime footballer of the City squad even though that's exactly what he is. Always looks like he enjoys playing the game and like you say quick to praise the so called lesser players of the team which is good to see.

• 4 weeks later...
I like Robinho. Excellent footballer who doesn't fancy himself as the bigtime footballer of the City squad even though that's exactly what he is. Always looks like he enjoys playing the game and like you say quick to praise the so called lesser players of the team which is good to see.

He was spotted with his Mrs getting a bus to the Trafford Shopping Centre last week.

Guest LondonScottish
fantastic player and has slotted right into life at city

always remember a story i heard bout him when he first went to real

in training he was shouting at guys like Zizou and Raul because they were not trying hard enough and he was taken aside and told to remember there was a hierarchy there and he was the "new guy" and basically to toe the line

he refused and i dont think that was ever forgotten by some

A bit like Josh Wlaker when he came here, but on a far smaller scale obviously.

i tend to have this inherent dislike for anybody who plays for Madrid. Becks is the only exception to that rule. Robinho however is very quickly getting out of that bracket i had him pigeon holed in. Seems a typical brazilian who enjoys playing football. Im guessing the money factor helps alot but there just seems something about him that makes it hard to dislike him.

well see next international call up if thats still the case.

Mental problems though, depends what kind. I was coaching at a disabled event a few weeks back and there was one kid who was lightning fast and was throwing down step over after step over. No quit in him at all. Gave 200% in every game. Soon as you stopped him though it was like he was on a massive sugar rush and just couldnt listen to anything or anybody. Just desperate to get the next game started.

Skill wise, deffinately good enough to get into Cardiffs academy but totally un-coachable.

Shame really.