Portsmouth

Guest LondonScottish

Guest LondonScottish

Harry Redknapp will be given the Freedom of Portsmouth today, in a ceremony that will also see one of the church bells named after him. I wonder if the turn-out will be quite as big now he's jumped ship for Tottenham.

Guest rocket_scientist

I saw that on the news this morning. What horribly inappropriate timing, creating a climate for the most excrutiating and embarrassing civic reception ever held.

Harry Redknapp will be given the Freedom of Portsmouth today, in a ceremony that will also see one of the church bells named after him. I wonder if the turn-out will be quite as big now he's jumped ship for Tottenham.

I heard they'd abandoned naming one of the church bells after him due to him leaving.

Guest LondonScottish
I heard they'd abandoned naming one of the church bells after him due to him leaving.

I saw that. To be honest, Its a bad piece of timing his leaving, but obviously these people have short memories. Remember when Portsmouth were so far adrift in the relegation zone, there was no way they could stay in the EPL, until Harry bowled in and worked a miracle. Where do the people of Portsmouth think their club would be now if it wasn't for him?

BITE

Would be fnny if Portsmouth beat Spurs in the last game of the season or something and they stayed up spurs went down

A quick check of the fixtures will let you know that's not gonna happin funboy.

Guest LondonScottish
Im pretty sure our Harri will bring in a bit of steel in January and we'll finish about 10th. Next season will be the big one!!

Wouldn't surprised if Defoe and Crouch head up that way in January to start with.

Adams will be terrible but Pompey wont go down.

Am I the only one that doesn't believe Harry Redknapp is going to be the saviour of Spurs? He got lucky and won the FA Cup last season (a competition the big 4 don't take seriously any more) and he got Portsmouth out the sh1t when they looked like going down. Nothing to suggest he will do it at the level the Spurs fans seem to be suggesting.