Ross Mccormack

Guest LondonScottish
Gotta be in the squad ahead of Clarkson IMO. No question about it he's shown his class down there and think he's only 21 still. Wouldn't be surprised if there's premier league scouts keeping tabs on him even this early in his cardiff career

He has got to start. He's cracking in goals from all over the shop. Good luck to the lad.

Gotta be in the squad ahead of Clarkson IMO. No question about it he's shown his class down there and think he's only 21 still. Wouldn't be surprised if there's premier league scouts keeping tabs on him even this early in his cardiff career

as its only a friendly i'd have him in before any other striker, he's on fire.

McFadden - well off form but some TA would be up in arms if the hero of paris wasnt there

Miller- was on form till he got injured

Iwelumo - scored again at the weekend (i think) but not scoring like RM is

O'Connor - seems to be finding his form again

Clarkson - probably at the back of the line

Mackie - :hysterical: (sorry i just had to)

Guest LondonScottish
Is the squad due to be announced?

A note of caution... I believe most of his goals have been penalties. I was speaking to someone at the match on Saturday, who said despite scoring the penalty, he was pretty poor.

Are you sure most are penalties? I thought it was 3 out of 10. Might be wrong.

Also, I don't know about the weekend, but Jones and co have been absolutely raving about him most games this season.

Are you sure most are penalties? I thought it was 3 out of 10. Might be wrong.

Also, I don't know about the weekend, but Jones and co have been absolutely raving about him most games this season.

5 out of his 11 according to Soccerbase were pens!!

Guest LondonScottish
Fair enough, 6 goals in open play this season more than justifies his place anyway. Beats anything else we have available. A least if we get a penalty we'll know who should take it!

I read an interview with Jones where he said McCormack is doing well for them, but he's still very rough around the edges.

He can hopefully get a lot lot better, he's got years ahead of him.

Jones said: "We will keep working Ross hard. He took his first goal well and his second was deserved.

"He's in good form and in good confidence. We have not seen the best of him yet. "

If Cardiff can keep improving him, it should be great news from a Scotland point of view. Also Gary O'Connor seems to be hitting a bit of form , and McLeish reckons HIM and Phillips are his best front two. I think he also said O'Connor was also the best natural finisher at the club.

He can hopefully get a lot lot better, he's got years ahead of him.

Jones said: "We will keep working Ross hard. He took his first goal well and his second was deserved.

"He's in good form and in good confidence. We have not seen the best of him yet. "

If Cardiff can keep improving him, it should be great news from a Scotland point of view. Also Gary O'Connor seems to be hitting a bit of form , and McLeish reckons HIM and Phillips are his best front two. I think he also said O'Connor was also the best natural finisher at the club.

Yeah, I have heard a lot of good things regarding O'Connor this season. I think the Championship suites his game perfectly, he's outperformed McFadden by all accounts this season.

Unfortunately I don't think Garry has the quality to ever become successful in the Premier League.

Guest LondonScottish
Yeah, I have heard a lot of good things regarding O'Connor this season. I think the Championship suites his game perfectly, he's outperformed McFadden by all accounts this season.

Unfortunately I don't think Garry has the quality to ever become successful in the Premier League.

I know what you mean about O'Connor. I know he's capable of scoring some cracking goals.....some from his time in Russia were superb. Maybe a decent run in the team will get his confidence levels flying. Who knows?

Gordon?

Hutton?

Fletcher, Gordon & Hutton are the only Premier league-quality players we have. Scott Brown looks like he's getting himself back on track... in the future he might be good enough for a team like Bolton or Middlesborough. It could also be argued that McFadden managed the odd good performance for Birmingham last season. After that I'm struggling.

RE: Fletcher - he has been brilliant so far this season. It's time to start reproducing his Man United performances for Scotland, he's been absolute pish for the past couple of seasons.

RE: Fletcher - he has been brilliant so far this season. It's time to start reproducing his Man United performances for Scotland, he's been absolute pish for the past couple of seasons.

Yet his best performances for Scotland probably came at period he couldn't get in the Man U team. Strange one that.

McCormack is yet another example of the OF neglecting a young player who came up through the ranks and if given a fair chance would have been capable of doing a superior job compared to some of the dross they instead choose to sign for millions. However like many promising talents the OF have elected to overlook it seems as if he has used this as a motivational tool to go and make a good career for himself elsewhere. He has the added advantage down there that he knows he must maintain a consistent level of performance as if not there are numerous able replacements waiting to come in, which can only bring him on even more.

There is quite a decent scottish contingency at cardiff with mccormack, mcnaughton and rae. The the latter's biggest fan but he has done pretty well down there and we all are aware of mcnaughton's footballing ability, so would imagine all three are threatening to break back into the squad

all i had all week in the soccer schools was "duh duh duh dah, ross mccormack. duh duh duh dah ross mccormack"

the number of kids who have mccormack 44 on their shirts is quite unbelievable really. He was hardly a stand out player for motherwell but he is already being worshiped.

5 goals in 5 games, 12 for the season so far.

all i had all week in the soccer schools was "duh duh duh dah, ross mccormack. duh duh duh dah ross mccormack"

the number of kids who have mccormack 44 on their shirts is quite unbelievable really. He was hardly a stand out player for motherwell but he is already being worshiped.

5 goals in 5 games, 12 for the season so far.

Is that a serious comment?

okay, maybe that came out wrong. He did a decent job for motherwell but i wouldnt exactly say he was a sensation.

would you put him in the same bracket at McFadden? Folk here are making such a big deal of the fact he scored against Porto so must be a great player.

okay, maybe that came out wrong. He did a decent job for motherwell but i wouldnt exactly say he was a sensation.

would you put him in the same bracket at McFadden? Folk here are making such a big deal of the fact he scored against Porto so must be a great player.

Had totally forgotten he scored a tap in against Porto actually. He was in a different class to his team mates at Motherwell. He'll be a Premiership player next season.