Spurs Vs Liverpool

Anyone else watching? Currently 0-1 Liverpool, but Spurs are playing really well and created a few chances - I quite fancy them to nick something. Night and day compared to their performances under Ramos.

Also, after his horror show in midweek Alan Hutton has been dropped. Can't see him getting his place back, Corluka has been excellent, a very acomplished right-back - in a different class to Hutton.

Anyone else watching? Currently 0-1 Liverpool, but Spurs are playing really well and created a few chances - I quite fancy them to nick something. Night and day compared to their performances under Ramos.

Also, after his horror show in midweek Alan Hutton has been dropped. Can't see him getting his place back, Corluka has been excellent, a very acomplished right-back - in a different class to Hutton.

Personally think Spurs have been rank.

1-1 now...against the run of play imo, but like you say SOTR, Spurs look alot more confident than under Ramos.

See Hutton came on at half time, with Corluka moving to LB.

They've ridden their luck on a few occasions, but in terms of hard graft & effort, they're well worth their equaliser in my opinion. Liverpool had their chances and failed to put them away. Ledley King has been excellent.

Ledley King is an immense footballer. The boys has got the lot, brilliant defender and good enough feet to play in the midfield - what a talent!

Such a pity that he's always injured.... although he wouldn't still be at Spurs if he could keep himself fit. Would make the perfect foil for John Terry at Chelsea.

Guest rocket_scientist
Ledley King is an immense footballer. The boys has got the lot, brilliant defender and good enough feet to play in the midfield - what a talent!

Such a pity that he's always injured.... although he wouldn't still be at Spurs if he could keep himself fit. Would make the perfect foil for John Terry at Chelsea.

King is indeed an immense talent. I am a huge fan of Woodgate too, so on these foundations, great defences can be built - injuries permitting.

Don't agree with foil for Terry though. Carvalho is another excellent footballer and Terry in my eyes, has never recaptured his form up to a couple of years ago. Lampard and Terry were having incredibly good spells but were going off the boil, then Mourinho left, and of the two, only Lampard has recaptured the heights again, presumably with the addition of Deco.

Rio is another immense talent who has had a dodgy couple of weeks, but consistently delivers season after season.

I reckon King & Woodgate are better foils for Ferdinand for England, as I think Terry isn't operating at the heights he once was.

King is indeed an immense talent. I am a huge fan of Woodgate too, so on these foundations, great defences can be built - injuries permitting.

Don't agree with foil for Terry though. Carvalho is another excellent footballer and Terry in my eyes, has never recaptured his form up to a couple of years ago. Lampard and Terry were having incredibly good spells but were going off the boil, then Mourinho left, and of the two, only Lampard has recaptured the heights again, presumably with the addition of Deco.

Rio is another immense talent who has had a dodgy couple of weeks, but consistently delivers season after season.

I reckon King & Woodgate are better foils for Ferdinand for England, as I think Terry isn't operating at the heights he once was.

Was speaking about King the other day, and while he is an awesome player when fit, can Spurs afford to hang on to a defender who can only play a limited amount of games?

Surely a consistent back four is key at that level?

Guest rocket_scientist
Was speaking about King the other day, and while he is an awesome player when fit, can Spurs afford to hang on to a defender who can only play a limited amount of games?

Surely a consistent back four is key at that level?

Sorry to go off topic but I can't help being reminded of our own lot on both your points.

Can we continue to afford to divert wages on Jamie Smith being the first, and as for a consistent back four, JC obviously doesn't agree with you and I.

Said on Friday - Spurs will take something, not looking forward to it.

Was asked to watch it on Saturday before Oasis, said nope because knew this would be our first defeat.

Good victory for Spurs, pity they'll finish 8th due to the start they had under Ramos.........which I couldn't care about, hate London teams. I hate Cockneys even more if I'm honest.

Well done.

Does this comment mean you only watch Liverpool when you are confident of victory? :poster_oops:

Part Time Fan an absolute disgrace, when your team is playing you watch it no excuses :poster_oops:

Not top of the league now are you, bottle jobs

THIS IS OUR SEASON

MEGALOL

****k all again :angry2:

Your talking sh*te you lost your bottle, same as liverpool bottle merchants :poster_oops: Never stopped you going last year :angry2:

Not long ago? this season? didnt think so :dontknow:

Not been to anfield this season mate - had no reason to want to go like - shithole filled with scum :)