Boxing Fans

Guest SS RED

Good to see that tattie howkin minker get his comeuppance.

A minker beaten by a minker

Delighted, on another note, Badou Jack is a serious talent, put a clinic on Cleverly last night, absolutely superb from him.

Jack demolished Cleverly, Greta to watch.

The main event was shite, it went exactly as expected it would. A total mis match which in the end made a few people even more rich.

So as a person who doesn't watch or like boxing let me see if I have this straight.

A game of boxing took place between somebody who isn't a professional boxer and somebody who is considered one of the best boxing men of all time, with the professional doing more punches than the amateur and thereby winning the game?

This seems like people were paying $1000 a ticket to watch the equivalent of Real Madrid play Brechin.

So as a person who doesn't watch or like boxing let me see if I have this straight.

A game of boxing took place between somebody who isn't a professional boxer and somebody who is considered one of the best boxing men of all time, with the professional doing more punches than the amateur and thereby winning the game?

This seems like people were paying $1000 a ticket to watch the equivalent of Real Madrid play Brechin.

Probably better comparing Real Madrid against one of the best Futsal teams (whoever they might be)

Or is a better analogy a pool player trying to take on a snooker player?

There was a good programme on a couple of nights ago, Ronnie O'Sullivan (5 times world champion) taking on the best Pool player in the world at pool. All a bit pointless but made interesting viewing, mostly because Memphis is on my bucket list.

O' Sullivan got soundly thrashed. Not sure why they don't have a re-match playing snooker.