Boxing Fans

Guest SS RED

My boy Khans going to slice and dice this bum in 7 rounds

you heard it here first

Barrera been pumped with steroids and amphetamines for years now. He is about as washed up as they come. His last fight was a disgrace.

Will be interesting to see if Khan can knock him out, although I predict a stoppage. And Barrera has still got some sort of punch so he will be a danger.

Cheating b*stard that Barrera. Failed all the dope tests after the Hamed fight but it got covered up by De La Hoyas mob. How anyone can support him over a brit is beyond me :ThumbsDown:

Anyone watch the Shane Mosley vs Antonio Margarito fight at the weekend?

Mosley pulled off a big shock with an awesome performance!

Brilliant fight as Mosley was a joy to watch. I never been very impressed with Mosley, always thought his big wins have been fights that were almost too close to call but against one of the best in the world he totally dominated. Not sure if he should go after Cotto though, a bad loss to him would probably finish his career.

Brilliant fight as Mosley was a joy to watch. I never been very impressed with Mosley, always thought his big wins have been fights that were almost too close to call but against one of the best in the world he totally dominated. Not sure if he should go after Cotto though, a bad loss to him would probably finish his career.

I was shocked with his performance [as would the bookies have been!] but he absolutely dominated, and didn't give the excellent Margarito a look in.

Anyone watch the Shane Mosley vs Antonio Margarito fight at the weekend?

Mosley pulled off a big shock with an awesome performance!

Yeah was a good fight.

Who is better Roy Jones jr. or Mosely?

Miguel Cotto V Michael Jennings

Likely to be a good fight? Probably like most on here i watch the big fights but im not a massive fanboy! This is at Madison Sq Garden tho the Saturday night im in New York and quite fancy takin in the whole experience. Plus im getting dragged to Ne-Yo the night before so would be some payback to the bird!!!

Yeah was a good fight.

Who is better Roy Jones jr. or Mosely?

If we are talking nowadays then the answer is obvious as Jones jr is long past it but surely you mean overall. Mosley has always been up and down where as Jones jr dominated the light heavy division for years and was undoubtedly the P4P best fighter in the world for much of that time. Overall Jones will be remember for years to come where Mosley will only be remembered by few for his win over Oscar and his performance last week.

Miguel Cotto V Michael Jennings

Likely to be a good fight? Probably like most on here i watch the big fights but im not a massive fanboy! This is at Madison Sq Garden tho the Saturday night im in New York and quite fancy takin in the whole experience. Plus im getting dragged to Ne-Yo the night before so would be some payback to the bird!!!

Cotto in 5 rounds, total mismatch!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7852930.stm

I reckon this has "potential" to be fight of the year. I think David Haye is one of the best up and coming boxers of the last couple of years. I've seen him a few fights and he's talented guy! He also seems very down to earth when I've heard him in interviews and when he's been on Soccer AM.

Really looking forward to this.

he's gonna get knocked out

get yer money on Klitschko

I'm backing Haye-maker!!!

I hope he wins

but his chances are slim

Klitschko is too big and durable. Haye will never knock him out.

Im sure that Klitschko will get a few major slugs through and that later in the fight Haye will go down.

Haye cant hide from the fact he got knocked out by a Middleweight, there is as much doubt over his chin as there is over Khans IMO.

• 1 month later...

Based on what ive seen of MAB in his recent fights, Im going for Khan to win either on points, or a stoppage in the late rounds. Barrera is not finished, but he is well on the way. If he makes iit past the drugs test, and the fight actually takes place, he is going to come out and try to take khan out early. MAB is notoriously hard to hit, but the most similar style to Khan is Paquiao, in and out with speed. MAB hardly laid a paw on Paquiao, and it was a mercy stoppage when MAB started to turn his back. I think his heart is gone now, and if he fails to stop khan in the early rounds, the guy is toast. Khan is stupidly fit just now, and he fought his last fight against Fagan, a decent opponent who went the distance with a few top 10 fighters including JCCjnr, on the back foot for the openning 4 minutes. He was obviously wary of getting tagged, and fought with guard up, moving backwards and countering. His is still going to be carrying Bredis Presscot about for his whole career, I cant see him making the same mistake.

So its going to be Khan, moving backwards, allowing MAB to come onto him, gurading up on the ropes, moving and countering. A few rounds of this and MAB will tire, and Khan will still be moving in and out, flashing punches into his face. I can see MAB breaking quite easily, and getting frustrated. Khan is nothing like Hamed, but MAB will prepare for a similar war, which he is not going to get. Of course he will land at some point, and this is why I cant rule out a knockout of Khan. Obviously, it is possible. there will be a moment, and it will be how he deals with it that will decide the outcome. I can see Khan taking a knee, or being wobbled, at some point. I have a feeling he will come through it this time, and go on to either win on points, of MAB will quit on his stool by round 8 or 9.

Based on what ive seen of MAB in his recent fights, Im going for Khan to win either on points, or a stoppage in the late rounds. Barrera is not finished, but he is well on the way. If he makes iit past the drugs test, and the fight actually takes place, he is going to come out and try to take khan out early. MAB is notoriously hard to hit, but the most similar style to Khan is Paquiao, in and out with speed. MAB hardly laid a paw on Paquiao, and it was a mercy stoppage when MAB started to turn his back. I think his heart is gone now, and if he fails to stop khan in the early rounds, the guy is toast. Khan is stupidly fit just now, and he fought his last fight against Fagan, a decent opponent who went the distance with a few top 10 fighters including JCCjnr, on the back foot for the openning 4 minutes. He was obviously wary of getting tagged, and fought with guard up, moving backwards and countering. His is still going to be carrying Bredis Presscot about for his whole career, I cant see him making the same mistake.

So its going to be Khan, moving backwards, allowing MAB to come onto him, gurading up on the ropes, moving and countering. A few rounds of this and MAB will tire, and Khan will still be moving in and out, flashing punches into his face. I can see MAB breaking quite easily, and getting frustrated. Khan is nothing like Hamed, but MAB will prepare for a similar war, which he is not going to get. Of course he will land at some point, and this is why I cant rule out a knockout of Khan. Obviously, it is possible. there will be a moment, and it will be how he deals with it that will decide the outcome. I can see Khan taking a knee, or being wobbled, at some point. I have a feeling he will come through it this time, and go on to either win on points, of MAB will quit on his stool by round 8 or 9.

I agree Douchebag. I think this fight proves nothing really, for Barrera is well past his best. Not that it'll stop the ridiculous Khan hype machine from rolling on, courtesy of Frank Warren.

if Barrera catches kahn its all over,

you can be train as hard as you like, be stronger and faster but you cant change how strong your chin is

and Khan has a glass chin,

Willy limond had Kahn beat if the ref didnt count 14 seconds instead of 10, and Limond is a poor fighter

Barrera might be slower and older than before but a boxer never loses his punch power and barrera has still got plenty of power

if Barrera catches kahn its all over,

you can be train as hard as you like, be stronger and faster but you cant change how strong your chin is

and Khan has a glass chin,

Willy limond had Kahn beat if the ref didnt count 14 seconds instead of 10, and Limond is a poor fighter

Barrera might be slower and older than before but a boxer never loses his punch power and barrera has still got plenty of power

They did an investigation into the knockdown and he was ok. there was no 14 seconds. he went down for the second time onto a knee and got up and still beat the count. But your right Limond had him seeing stars for about 2 minutes, he was hanging on.

And I disagree about Barrera, hes never been a puncher. he has got knockouts on his record but a lot of stoppages and cumlative wearing down of opponents. not got a killer punch. might be able to take Khan out if he can hit him.

Guest SS RED
Said from the time the fight was announced that Khan would win, now think he will do it with a knockdown aswell so will have a few pounds over the fight.

Barrerra is a has-been, unfortunately.

Barrerra is a has-been, unfortunately.

Sprout it, he is past his best yes but he is still no where near as bad as khan. Boxing does n't just dissapear, especially nae for a world champion who has demolished Prince Naseem and had a good bout with Manny Pacquiao! Hopefully it will be Prescott all over again!