Maradona Names Squad For Hampden

On the plus side, I can't see Burley lasting too much longer. It's patently clear he's out of his depth at this level.

i dont agree (yet) he's only had a few games and its not as if the previous 2 managers have done anything. yes we were within a whisker of qualifying but they still failed.

Burley has done 1 thing wrong he's got on the wrong side of an old firm player. now sections of the press are gunning for him. hes' frigged no matter what i think.

I dont think he will take us to south africa but i hope i'm wrong. Even if they gave him the dunt now the next manager would still fail to take us to the finals and nothing would be said to him. Why???? because he'd call up Boyd and become a total media darling and keep his job safe for the short term at least.

Burley was there on saturday so obviously didn't like what he saw.

David Clarkson (Motherwell)

Steven Fletcher (Hibernian)

Chris Iwelumo (Wolverhampton Wanderers)

James McFadden (Birmingham City)

Kenny Miller (Rangers)

He's already called up 5 strikers who can't score... no need for a 6th.

I'm so angry that Alexander, Naysmith & McAllister have been called up. Wilson & Kennedy must be wondering what they have to do!

David Clarkson (Motherwell)

Steven Fletcher (Hibernian)

Chris Iwelumo (Wolverhampton Wanderers)

James McFadden (Birmingham City)

Kenny Miller (Rangers)

He's already called up 5 strikers who can't score... no need for a 6th.

I'm so angry that Alexander, Naysmith & McAllister have been called up. Wilson & Kennedy must be wondering what they have to do!

agree on ~Mcallister and Alexander. happ enough with Naysmith.

Kennedy and Wilson should be in there and i'd like to know why McFadden is undroppable.

i dont agree (yet) he's only had a few games and its not as if the previous 2 managers have done anything. yes we were within a whisker of qualifying but they still failed.

Burley has done 1 thing wrong he's got on the wrong side of an old firm player. now sections of the press are gunning for him. hes' frigged no matter what i think.

I dont think he will take us to south africa but i hope i'm wrong. Even if they gave him the dunt now the next manager would still fail to take us to the finals and nothing would be said to him. Why???? because he'd call up Boyd and become a total media darling and keep his job safe for the short term at least.

We were a complete shambles against Macedonia & argueably even worse against an utterly dreadful Norway side.

Jamie McAllister is never good enough for International football. Even Stevie Wonder could see that Alexander is completely past it - Wilson is playing regular Champions League football, Alexander is toiling away for Burnley against the likes of Barnsley and Plymouth. Clarkson isn't ready for International football.... as for Iwelumo?! Don't even get me started.

I'm so pissed off with the way things are going for Scotland... it would appear that all the progress that's been made has been thrown down the pan since Dod friggin' Burley rolled up.

Kris Boyd is a dickhead for turning his back on his country... but it should never have come to this. We desperately needed a goal to save our flagging hopes of qualifying. So Burely throws on goal-shy Fletcher and a completely untried player in Iwelumo... and leaves our most gifted goalscorer sitting on the bench!!!!??!

:hysterical: AAARGRRGGhHH!

We were a complete shambles against Macedonia & argueably even worse against an utterly dreadful Norway side.

Jamie McAllister is never good enough for International football. Even Stevie Wonder could see that Alexander is completely past it. Clarkson isn't ready for International football.... as for Iwelumo?! Don't even get me started.

we've been a shambles in many games before this campaign.

the truth is the poor performance were forgottten about due to our results against the french.

Home game against france - luckiest win ever but still one of my favourite ever matches due to the end result.

Away game against the french - as above

Georgia at home - shambles but got the result

Ukraine at home - our best performance last year

Ukraine away - total waste of time and smith should have been slated for it.

Georgia away - total shambles and OF players should have been hauled over the coals for pulling out.

not sur ei agree about players not being ready for international football. this IMO is one of our biggest problems. we seem to be obsessed with players having "experienc" - i dont buy it. Iwelumo is on form and if he'd scored that chance we'd be hailing him as a hero. i dont think its a case of Clarkson not being ready, i just dont think he's good enough.

we've been a shambles in many games before this campaign.

the truth is the poor performance were forgottten about due to our results against the french.

Home game against france - luckiest win ever but still one of my favourite ever matches due to the end result.

Away game against the french - as above

Georgia at home - shambles but got the result

Ukraine at home - our best performance last year

Ukraine away - total waste of time and smith should have been slated for it.

Georgia away - total shambles and OF players should have been hauled over the coals for pulling out.

not sur ei agree about players not being ready for international football. this IMO is one of our biggest problems. we seem to be obsessed with players having "experienc" - i dont buy it. Iwelumo is on form and if he'd scored that chance we'd be hailing him as a hero. i dont think its a case of Clarkson not being ready, i just dont think he's good enough.

I don't equate being "ready" for international football, with experience. Clarkson is developing as footballer, right now is not ready/good enough, or whatever you want to call it. In a few years time I could see Clarkson as a Scotland player.

In saying that, how much better are the likes of Miller, McFadden and Fletcher - who are all automatic picks for Scotland these days? Answer: not much better.

Fletcher has good technique, but doesn't score goals. Whereas Miller has no technique, hes all blood and thunder. While McFadden is the most overrated player on the face of the earth (Good strike against France mind...) - he's been found out this season at Birmingham.

what has barry ferguson done to warrant a place back in the squad? 3 sub appearances hardly setting the world alight!

Same arguement applies for Alan Hutton.

He's been injured for most of the season... he's been absolute murder since his return for Spurs. He's been like PLG Hutton of late - perhaps another who's been found out. He was embarrassingly out of his depth against Arsenal the other day... the worst individual premier league performance I've seen since Ali Dai.

When he came on against Liverpool, he was slicing everything into the stands... it was reminscent of Jamie McAllister during his Aberdeen days. Maybe thats why Burley likes him so much.

God forbid, I'd probably have Kirk Clubfoot in at right back, at the moment.

Barry Ferguson has done nothing to get back in the squad.

Would have been interesting to see who he woulda dropped out the squad if thomson had been fit to get barry in there. Suppose he has to pick him as the press would crucify him.

Wilson and kennedy defos should be in with a shout ahead of alexander and barr but apart from that not much wrong in the squad.

Riordan might have been in with a shout as he must have one of the best scoring records outa the recent games played in the spl.

not gettin into the whole should he play arguement as I do believe he should be in our first pick midfield, but Burley used the not playing regularly arguement with boyd, yet takes ferguson right back in after a serious injury without playin. Burley is as bad as Calderwood

it wasnt just the fact Boyd wasnt playing every week, it was more to with his attitude in training and in general.

Ferguson despite what some will say gives his all for scotland.

Dont understand recalling Ferguson so soon. No need to play him. It's a friendly at the end of the day too. Let him get a run of games in the huns side before EARNING a recall.

Clarkson I dont get. McCormack has been called up and rightly so. IMO, he should be ahead of Clarkson. Riordan as one other mentioned is on better scoring form than Clarkson and think he, or O'Connor if he starts performing for B'ham, should be ahead of Clarkson long term.

Alexander, GTF. Hopefully Whittaker can come in once fully fit and playing regularly again as is a far better option than Alexander.

Jamie McAllister shouldn't be in the squad if everyone is fit. Would rather see McNaughton but cant think of a long list of left backs fighting for that place.

Cant complain about Broadfoot too much. He's still a player of limited ability but some huns have said he's been their most consistent player so far this season and has done quite well when he's come in and played for Scotland. Hardly blessed with players fighting for his place in the squad.

As for McFadden, he's not been great lately but is brilliant to watch when he's on song. Dropping him from the squad would only lead to him throwing the toys out of the pram and retire under Burley no doubt so I wouldn't like to see that happen.