John Bostock

Right not sure how he is as a player but on talksport today they were on about him and kept mentioning his age and how they think he is too young to be getting a agme and maybe an age cap should be brought in incase of a older player really hurting a young loon.

My thoughts have always been that if they are a good player, old enough and clever enough they should be being blooded through so they get to grips quicker, this lad made his league debut for CP at the age of 15, quite good and is pretty big built for his age but part of me is worried that he is far too young to be playing.

SO basically should an age cap be brought in or should teams just play their best youth players regardless of them being 14 or 18?

Right not sure how he is as a player but on talksport today they were on about him and kept mentioning his age and how they think he is too young to be getting a agme and maybe an age cap should be brought in incase of a older player really hurting a young loon.

My thoughts have always been that if they are a good player, old enough and clever enough they should be being blooded through so they get to grips quicker, this lad made his league debut for CP at the age of 15, quite good and is pretty big built for his age but part of me is worried that he is far too young to be playing.

SO basically should an age cap be brought in or should teams just play their best youth players regardless of them being 14 or 18?

made his debut then spurs nicked him, the fee went to a tribunal and CP only got 750k for him, simon jordan said he was gonna sell the club because the outcome was so unfair.

same as that 15 yr old striker that made his debut couple of months back, man u and arsenal supposedly tryin to steal him.

15 to young to be playin i think

Wayne Rooney.

Theo Walcott.

some players are ready at 16 some aren't.

Rooney is a beast, he could've played at 14 probably. Walcott is a different breed and has needed time. He is still being 'blooded' and (unlike Rooney) is not the full article yet.

It really depends on the player, some players peak at that age and become s*it once they get a bit older. some players don't peak until they are well into their 20's and occasionally you get a player like Rooney who is just at his peak all the time.

It's a difficult call for a manager to play a 16 year old, they have to make sure they are ready for it and it won't ruin them. If they play him and he has a nightmare, it could totally destroy his confidence and set him back years, but it totally depends on the player.