Epl Relegation Battle

Well at the moment there is no team who have been cast adrift of safety right now.

10 Fulham 11 0 14

11 Bolton 12 -2 14

12 Stoke 12 -6 14

13 Man City 12 4 13

14 West Ham 12 -6 13

15 Blackburn 12 -9 13

16 Tottenham 12 -3 12

17 Wigan 12 -3 12

18 Newcastle 12 -5 12

19 Sunderland 12 -8 12

20 West Brom 12 -11 11

Fulham were in the bottom 3 before the they played today and now they are 10th.

I fancy West Brom and Stoke to go down. Not sure who the 3rd team will be though.

Well at the moment there is no team who have been cast adrift of safety right now.

10 Fulham 11 0 14

11 Bolton 12 -2 14

12 Stoke 12 -6 14

13 Man City 12 4 13

14 West Ham 12 -6 13

15 Blackburn 12 -9 13

16 Tottenham 12 -3 12

17 Wigan 12 -3 12

18 Newcastle 12 -5 12

19 Sunderland 12 -8 12

20 West Brom 12 -11 11

I fancy West Brom and Stoke to go down. Not sure who the 3rd team will be though.

Far too early to seriously predict, although West Ham seem to be in freefall at the moment.

Really?

Wanking over it? All I heard them saying its very tight down the bottom........and then they had a wee chuckle.

Radio 5 were doing it yesterday. I thought 'they must be taking the piss'.

All it shows is that the top 4 are light years ahead of everyone else and that the other teams are more than capable of beating each other. Something we've grown accustomed to in predictable Scotland.

So in theory, its predictable in England and Scotland......but what is the point your trying to make?

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that for similar situations, England will get lauded for it while Scotland will get derided for it.

As for the way the EPL will pan out, the bottom, um, 16 will not stay as tight as it is and one or two teams will be cast adrift at the bottom eventually and a pack will emerge that will be supremely mediocre that will occupy 9th to 13th. The rest below will be fighting relegation.

A top 3 will finish about 30 points ahead of 5th, with Arsenal bridging that gap.

10 Fulham 11 0 14

11 Bolton 12 -2 14

12 Stoke 12 -6 14

13 Man City 12 4 13

14 West Ham 12 -6 13

15 Blackburn 12 -9 13

16 Tottenham 12 -3 12

17 Wigan 12 -3 12

18 Newcastle 12 -5 12

19 Sunderland 12 -8 12

20 West Brom 12 -11 11

I hope Blackburn, Bolton and Wigan go down, i'm bored of them.

Check the 'richest club in the world' :laughing:

EPL is more predictable than SPL without a doubt. Call this up at the end of the season if you want.

1. Man U or Chelsea decided on last or second last day of season

2. Other

3. Liverpool

4. Arsenal

5. 6. 7. 8. Everton, Villa, Man City, Spurs in some order

9- 14 Who cares

15. 16.17. Bolton/Wigan or Fulham or 3rd promoted side

18. 19. 20. Two promoted clubs + one of Bolton/Wigan or Fulham or the 3rd promoted side

SPL

1.2 Rangers/Celtic could be either and we geniunly don't know when it'll be decided

3. Team that takes 10+ points post split

3-6 United, Aberdeen, Well, anyones guess for the other

7-12 anyones guess

Can make an arguement for United, Dons and Well not being definite top six so even more unpredictable.

I think everyone in England know the top 4 are light years ahead, if not then point me in the direction of the people who think otherwise.
Paul Ince for starters.

Your comparison is out the window really because this has been the same way for years in Scotland.

So in theory, its predictable in England and Scotland......but what is the point your trying to make?

I don't listen to five live, but I'll take your word for it. I think the league at the bottom and top will be closer this year than ANY other year, where as in Scotland.........top 2 are out of sight already really. Toss a coin on who's going to win it.

At the bottom, we'll soon see a gap opening up between 10 and 12......always the same.

The difference being that in England they'll w*nk on about it being the greatest league in the world. It's proving this year that it's nothing of the sort. Bolton are appaling, but they will not go down imo. Once again they've become very hard to score against and that will ensure enough 1-0s to get there. However, there has never been such a slew of mediocrity (that's being charitable) in the English top flight.

West Brom will go, they are not good enough to play their open brand of football, and are getting picked off. 20th

Stoke will join them, they are a one trick pony, and teams will soon realise that it's better to give away a corner, than give Delap a throw in. Once that happens they will finish 19th.

Then it gets interesting:

Pompey are in big trouble under the donkey, and will be much worse once the January exodus happens, it all depends on who he loses. If Defoe and Diarra go, then they're struggling.

West Ham are in a similar situation, and Zola looks powerless to stop it. Funny as frigg if they go down after cheating their way out of relegation two seasons ago.

Blackburn having lost Hughes at the helm, and their best player Bentley, are struggling with a rarely fit Santa Cruz, and their racist nut of a manager, who looks like his lower league exploits flattered him. They are a good outside bet to go down.

Fulham - Totally unpredicatable team as last season showed. Borderline, but if Bullard, Murhpy & Davies stay fit in midfield, it may be enough to overcome a weak defence and a so-so front line.

Wigan - Without Zaki there doesn't seem to be much there. Can he keep scoring?

Newcastle - Depends how long the wizard of wimbledon stays in charge. If they dont get sold soon, they could be 18th.

Sunderland - none too clever at the back, but decent up front and in midfield. Should sneak through, but not looking as safe

Boro, City, Spurs & Everton look like they'll be fine.

It'll be an exciting season all right, but not because it's "the greatest league evers"

And the league is over, Chelsea are head and shoulders above the other three, it's a fight for second already.

Guest the shepherd

I can see Bolton, Newcastle and Stoke being relegated as the former do not score enough, Newcastle are just plain sh*te and Stoke, although a decent side with a very good manager in Tony Pulis do not have the quality in-depth to stay in the division. Newcastle to be relegated................ :sherlock:

I hope Bolton go down now :sherlock:
Seriously, Liverpool won't win it. Just look at Chelsea's goal difference already, and that's playing their reserves by and large. Every team has their blips for sure, and Liverpool look better than in recent years, but how long before the waiter starts rotating? He just can't help himself. Fergie needs to drop VDS, and work out how to play Ronaldo/Rooney/Teves & Berbatov together soon or they may be too far behind. Wenger is a w*nk, so Arsenal can just frigg off, no analysis needed.