David Norris

did any1 see the celebration by david norris after scoring the winner in the game v blackpool at the weekend, supposedly showing support for luke mccormack by putting hands together like they were handcuffed!! if true this guy should be dragged to the FA disciplinery board.

mccormack has been found guilty and rightly so, the footage has been there for all to see, he was driving like a loony on the cctv footage

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/suffolk/7719625.stm

I thought it was unnecessary, the guy did kill two little boys, he could have supported him in private but smiling and doing hand cuffs as a goal celebration to show support for someone who ran over 3 people and killed 2 when he was drunk is wrong.

I'm not easily offended so not really that bothered about him doing that. Think it's fair enough to show solidarity for his mate.

In my opinion how this should be dealt with-

Ipswich come out and say it will be dealt with internally. This should prevent any FA action. Ipswich should tell him it was wrong to do that - no fine or suspension or dropping from team required.

Guest LondonScottish
I'm not easily offended so not really that bothered about him doing that. Think it's fair enough to show solidarity for his mate.

In my opinion how this should be dealt with-

Ipswich come out and say it will be dealt with internally. This should prevent any FA action. Ipswich should tell him it was wrong to do that - no fine or suspension or dropping from team required.

If he wanted to show support for a friend, he could have done that privately in a number of ways. The keeper absolutely ruined a family by drink driving. Some people are f@cking idiots and a celebration like that is way below the belt.

Guest LondonScottish
Don't see why there should be a huge public outcry, this country is turning in to something strange, the guy is showing support for his mate who has already been punished, Tim Cahill done the same last season although it was for his brother, public outcry for that aswell.

The guy doesn't have to show any kind of public support for his "already punished" mate who'll be out in a couple of years. Unfortunately the family will be punished for the rest of their lives.

So will the keeper though.

Yes but look at it this way, your two sons have just been killed and the killers mates are on TV sending the man who killed your children messages of support, you would be pretty angry. If anything he should be sending the parents a message of support.

So will the keeper though.
Yes but the keeper will have his family too support him when he gets out early, the parents of the kids will have to do like I do and visit a graveyard I would hate to see any one glorify what happened to my son, thank you London Scottish and SS Red for your sensitivity minijc's post is what I would have expected from a cretin like him who gets more upset a somebody waving a flag
Yes but the keeper will have his family too support him when he gets out early, the parents of the kids will have to do like I do and visit a graveyard I would hate to see any one glorify what happened to my son, thank you London Scottish and SS Red for your sensitivity minijc's post is what I would have expected from a cretin like him who gets more upset a somebody waving a flag

I am not condoning what the keeper done, he got off lightly but I don't see why there is a huge public outcry over te guys celebration, spur of the moment thingwhich he clearly regrets.

That was no spur of the moment yes regrets now because he fears the consequences

There is talk of him getting a lengthy ban, if that happens then I will be annoyed but just hope he learns that he canna get off with this, it's not as if he is supporting McCormacks actions, if the celebration was pre meditated then he should be hammered but I just think he got caught up in it and acted very childish but just wanted to show his mate that he cares about him.

Anyone watching ITV news? Going well OTT on it, it's there leading story, I know it was wrong but FFS.

That is my main gripe with it, don't they think the family has went through enough? Fir enough get a comment from them but the mother must have done around 10 tv/radio appearences today which just adds more pain to her memories.

There is talk of him getting a lengthy ban, if that happens then I will be annoyed but just hope he learns that he canna get off with this, it's not as if he is supporting McCormacks actions, if the celebration was pre meditated then he should be hammered but I just think he got caught up in it and acted very childish but just wanted to show his mate that he cares about him.

of course it was pre-meditated. it was his first goal of the season and as you said earlier he mimicked tim cahill. obviously the guy didn't mean to cause offence and after a public apology the matter should be put to bed.

While the boy's a tosser for doing that, how likely do you think it is that the parents of the kids just happened to be sitting down watching the Ipswich match on the telly? It's not like he was on Pop Idol Factor On Ice singing "free the Plymouth one" or anything like that.

Who's caused more grief to the parents of the kids who died, the player for crossing his arms or whoever went alerting everyone's attention to it in a bout of mock outrage?

While the boy's a tosser for doing that, how likely do you think it is that the parents of the kids just happened to be sitting down watching the Ipswich match on the telly? It's not like he was on Pop Idol Factor On Ice singing "free the Plymouth one" or anything like that.

Who's caused more grief to the parents of the kids who died, the player for crossing his arms or whoever went alerting everyone's attention to it in a bout of mock outrage?

Reminds me off the Jonathan Ross saga.