Epl Managers

Guest LondonScottish
OK, it's been at least a few weeks since one of them has been sacked / quit. with a number of EPL teams doing badly (only 6 points separates the bottom 10 teams) surely someone's gonna be sacked shortly.

I really think Ince has bitten off more than he can chew with a relatively poor Blackburn side. I also coud see Sunderland and Keane parting company. Considering the money he's spent, they're not exactly playing good football and far more importantly not winning too often.

Ince, then Keane. Can't think of anyone else in that much trouble.

I really think Ince has bitten off more than he can chew with a relatively poor Blackburn side. I also coud see Sunderland and Keane parting company. Considering the money he's spent, they're not exactly playing good football and far more importantly not winning too often.

Hughes?

Kinnear?

Bruce?

Adams?

I don;t expect Donkey Adams to last too long either. His post match conference yesterday was an embarassment of contrary statements.

I dunno, I think we might see a bit of stability for a wee while yet. I can't see Sunderland getting rid of Keane as he's pretty much cemented them in the Premier League and I think it's early days for Ince although he does look like a scared little boy in all the media coverage he's been in.

Mowbray seems to have a long term job as well. Maybe Steve Bruce might be the first to go.

Guest LondonScottish
I don;t expect Donkey Adams to last too long either. His post match conference yesterday was an embarassment of contrary statements.

Forgot about him. His post game interviews are bewildering at times, and how much is he lacking in any charisma. Portsmouth have really really bad money troubles now, so he won't be able to buy his way out of trouble.

Would not be surprised if they're in the relegation fight; especially if 'Arry come knocking in January for Croucho, and possibly Defoe.

Forgot about him. His post game interviews are bewildering at times, and how much is he lacking in any charisma. Portsmouth have really really bad money troubles now, so he won't be able to buy his way out of trouble.

Would not be surprised if they're in the relegation fight; especially if 'Arry come knocking in January for Croucho, and possibly Defoe.

and David James :dontknow:

The way that the EPL is just now , You can go from being down the bottom to the top half with a win.

Sunderland were up to 7th when they beat Newcastle a couple of weeks ago and now near the bottom.

yeah, very strange. it's probably this fact will actually prevent a manager losing his job at the moment. I personally think Mark Hughes is on a sticky wicket. The Manchester derby next weekend is crucial. Win and he will be hero and certainly be safe, lose and the richest club in the world could be near the bottom of the EPL. He would surely then be under pressure.

Guest LondonScottish
yeah, very strange. it's probably this fact will actually prevent a manager losing his job at the moment. I personally think Mark Hughes is on a sticky wicket. The Manchester derby next weekend is crucial. Win and he will be hero and certainly be safe, lose and the richest club in the world could be near the bottom of the EPL. He would surely then be under pressure.

Just because they're the richest club in the World will only come into fruition in the transfer window. Manchester City are still average Manchester City plus Robinho, for the time being.

Just because they're the richest club in the World will only come into fruition in the transfer window. Manchester City are still average Manchester City plus Robinho, for the time being.

Stephen Ireland's had a fantastic season so far. :dontknow:

I realise they haven't had the opportunity to properly spend the cash yet, but they are still stuck with the 'richest club' tag. not good if you are sitting at the bottom of the league.

the january transfer window is a notoriously bad time to make decent signings. which top players do you reckon they will manage to sign?

Stephen Ireland's had a fantastic season so far. :thumbs:

I realise they haven't had the opportunity to properly spend the cash yet, but they are still stuck with the 'richest club' tag. not good if you are sitting at the bottom of the league.

the january transfer window is a notoriously bad time to make decent signings. which top players do you reckon they will manage to sign?

Clangers :dontknow:

Guest LondonScottish
Stephen Ireland's had a fantastic season so far. :dontknow:

They're in 11th, only 6 points behing Arsenal in 5th.

Apparently they've drawn up a bit of fantasy transfer list of the best players in the World in every position. Rumour that they may be bidding

Guest LondonScottish
Obviously, but their 'aim' isn't going to attract the players they have been linked with.

Why shouldn't they attract players? Chelsea did it when Abramovich took over, and Man City's owners dwarf him in the money stakes.

Players could see this as a huge opportunity, and if they're going to be offered

Guest LondonScottish
I'm going to be very interested to see what City do during the transfer window.

I still think their major build will be in the Summer. Whatever money is available to players like Fabregas etc etc in January it will still be available in the Summer window; will players still involved in the Champions League latter stages want to give that up for 3 1/2 months extra at City.

Guest LondonScottish
Scenario already happened with Berbatov. Offered him more money but chose to play for Manchester United over a bigger paycheck.

Should they make it into the CL at some point their appeal will increase, but at the moment can't see too many 'big names' going there.

Berbatov was always going to Manchester Utd. That's why he was unhappy at Spurs; he wanted Champions Football now and Spurs had let down his ambitions.

Guest LondonScottish
no way!!!

no frickin wonder he's always so jovial then!!

KINDA takes away a wee bit of the respect i had for him then

Why would that change your views on him. Just because you now know he's on a huge wage shouldn't change your perception.

(Unless you get badly affected by jealousy)

Guest LondonScottish
no, i thought he'd accepted man city over chelsea purely because chelsea were stalling

now i know its because he went for the big bucks

i dont respect that

capisce?

So what he went for more money. Football is a CAREER, to be in a workplace that you're most happy in, hopefully getting the most money offrered by similar firms.

So you'd stay in a job earning 1/3 of what you could get elsewhere, even if you thought the new higher paid job was going to be challenging and exciting?

Capiche?

Guest LondonScottish
SURELY its more exciting playin for chelsea?

anyway, damn right im jealous of him

hes a young guy, idolised by thousands of people and rich beyond his wildest dreams!!!

and as impressed asyou may have been with it,please do not rip off my banter! capiche?

Or it might be exciting being the forst big-time player in a Manchester Revolution. "Hey Robinho, fancy having