Ronaldo Slams Webb For Red Card

Smashing player that merits the price of admission imo, if only the game had more like him. He was a lucky boy he didn't walk when he clapped Webb at his first booking. On a side note, are the Dons nae payin Simmie enough that he needs ti tik photies durin the day?

agree to a certain extent.

it would be great if he cut out the feigning injury shyte and the diving.

Does he expect folk to believe that story???

could well be completely true, but he would get a lot more credit if he had come out and said, it was unfortunate because the referee probably didnt feel he had much choice but to send me off but this is why i handled the ball. rather than....webb is sh1t.

could well be completely true, but he would get a lot more credit if he had come out and said, it was unfortunate because the referee probably didnt feel he had much choice but to send me off but this is why i handled the ball. rather than....webb is sh1t.

Aye - corner is coming over and he hears a shout form Mica Richards then hears a whistle and has time to think lets stop the game and punch the ball. First if whistle goes then game is stopped and second his reaction times and thinking must have been lightning fast. His reactions after don't tend to back up his story either!!

Aye - corner is coming over and he hears a shout form Mica Richards then hears a whistle and has time to think lets stop the game and punch the ball. First if whistle goes then game is stopped and second his reaction times and thinking must have been lightning fast. His reactions after don't tend to back up his story either!!

just saying i could believe that if he thought he heard a whistle, it could be enough to put you off and then raising your hands to protect your face is an instinctive reaction. would you argue he was seeking to gain an advantage by handling it? if not then why else would he have done it? the bit about micah richards sounds like poo though - i agree with that much.

to be completely fair to him, i was watching andy grays last word on sunday (best 30 mins of tv a week imho) and straight away they picked out the whistle. I didnt hear it at first but they replayed it a few time and you hear a foghorn which dominates things but underneath it is a deffinite whistle.

Itd be easy to say he saw that segment then comes out with the same story, but its quite reasonable. If you can hear it on the tv then it must have been audible for him standing right there.

Not often ill defend Ronaldo but i think hes telling the truth this time.

to be completely fair to him, i was watching andy grays last word on sunday (best 30 mins of tv a week imho) and straight away they picked out the whistle. I didnt hear it at first but they replayed it a few time and you hear a foghorn which dominates things but underneath it is a deffinite whistle.

Itd be easy to say he saw that segment then comes out with the same story, but its quite reasonable. If you can hear it on the tv then it must have been audible for him standing right there.

Not often ill defend Ronaldo but i think hes telling the truth this time.

But if there was a whistle then the game is stopped so why would Ronaldo have to take it upon himself to stop the game "I grabbed the ball so Richards could get help"?

that i cant answer.

look back at Di Canio all those moons ago. No whistle but no action was taken even though HE stopped play. Were always told play to the whistle but hes pulled this ball out of the air as a sportsmans gesture.

Ronaldo hears a whistle and in turn handles the ball, you can see from his jump and his reaction to the ball that he wasnt going for goal. My only thing would be if your going to make the decision to handle the ball like that, you have to make it blatant what your intention is. Di Canio catches it and points to the downed keeper. Ronaldo goes to heads it but pulls back and puts his hands up but doesnt catch it.

One of those things. Chalk to experience and get on with it.

hes brilliant in the air, so if he didnt hear a whistle why wouldnt he just head it?

Guest the shepherd

Pardon me from being ignorant but is Cristiano Ronaldo exempt from getting sent off? ;) There is no case for the referee to answer. End of. He committed a foul, got booked, was very, very lucky to escape with another directly after this for sarcastically clapping the referee upon getting this yellow card. Thereafter he needlessly handles the ball whilst claiming he hears a "whistle", though at first he claims he was pushed(some push) :angry2: . What a ***king prima donna (Italian will have to do as I know no Portuguese). Why can't he just accepts he is in the wrong?

It is a bit like a player going in for a sliding tackle taking out the opposition player intently and then blaming the ref saying he thought he heard him blow his whistle, thus making him "mistime" the tackle.

If there was a whistle and he hadnt stopped the game he probably would have been sent of anyway for heading the ball away. Ref had it in for him the whole game :)

shame hes out of the cup match though we really want to win the cup this year :) :)

Pardon me from being ignorant but is Cristiano Ronaldo exempt from getting sent off? :) There is no case for the referee to answer. End of. He committed a foul, got booked, was very, very lucky to escape with another directly after this for sarcastically clapping the referee upon getting this yellow card. Thereafter he needlessly handles the ball whilst claiming he hears a "whistle", though at first he claims he was pushed(some push) :) . What a ***king prima donna (Italian will have to do as I know no Portuguese). Why can't he just accepts he is in the wrong?

It is a bit like a player going in for a sliding tackle taking out the opposition player intently and then blaming the ref saying he thought he heard him blow his whistle, thus making him "mistime" the tackle.

great post shepherd

If there was a whistle and he hadnt stopped the game he probably would have been sent of anyway for heading the ball away. Ref had it in for him the whole game :)

shame hes out of the cup match though we really want to win the cup this year :) :)

fishing

Pardon me from being ignorant but is Cristiano Ronaldo exempt from getting sent off? :) There is no case for the referee to answer. End of. He committed a foul, got booked,was very, very lucky to escape with another directly after this for sarcastically clapping the referee upon getting this yellow card. Thereafter he needlessly handles the ball whilst claiming he hears a "whistle", though at first he claims he was pushed(some push) :) . What a ***king prima donna (Italian will have to do as I know no Portuguese). Why can't he just accepts he is in the wrong?

:):):)

not excited.

your post made no sense. shepherd made a good point which you seem to have criticised but made no actual point

not gonna get into a petty argument as the majority of people on here are obviously best player in the world haters.

but to say he was lucky not to get a 2nd yellow for his clapping just confirms the bias in the post, if aluko/seve/diamond anyone else had done the same, no-one would be saying that. Also i think guillit made a good point after the game sayin if he had caught the ball and put it down like di canio did, would he have got the yellow card? Just think webb could have used a bit more disgression in the whole situation.

not gonna get into a petty argument as the majority of people on here are obviously best player in the world haters.

but to say he was lucky not to get a 2nd yellow for his clapping just confirms the bias in the post, if aluko/seve/diamond anyone else had done the same, no-one would be saying that. Also i think guillit made a good point after the game sayin if he had caught the ball and put it down like di canio did, would he have got the yellow card? Just think webb could have used a bit more disgression in the whole situation.

didnt rooney get a yellow for doing this before?

and by the way if one of the dons players did that i'd be saying the exact same thing. clapping in front of the ref is a dumb thing to do and he could have been yelow carded.

whats him being the best player in the world got to do with anything?