Pompey Out Of Europe

I think Standard have a few African countries which we would have a problem with due to work permits, but all the same they have done very well and have to be congratulated. Aston Villa fielding a semi weakend team last night was a bit arrogant when they have to bring in the likes of Marlon Harewood imo an expensive Tommy Wright I also think that the guy Reo-Coker is crap too

AC Milan are now easier then Panathikios? Germans easier then the Danish? What did I miss?

Same here. We were the first team to progress with 4 points from 4 games. One great game against Copenhagen (and away to Dnipro and Bayern at home) does not a great campaign make. Portsmouth did well to lead AC Milan 2-0 and were unlucky not to hold on in stoppage-time. The German team they faced were better than Panathinaikos and Athletico.

Same here. We were the first team to progress with 4 points from 4 games. One great game against Copenhagen (and away to Dnipro and Bayern at home) does not a great campaign make. Portsmouth did well to lead AC Milan 2-0 and were unlucky not to hold on in stoppage-time. The German team they faced were better than Panathinaikos and Athletico.

The expectation for last season was simply to get to the group stages. And then when we got there a lot of people were expecting us to get humped in every game, which we didn't. To get through to the last 32 was a bonus. In that respect, I think we can call it a 'great' campaign. When you compare it to Motherwell getting knocked out straight away, Hibs losing 5-1 to Dnipro, Hearts...being Hearts, we certainlty gained a lot more respect for the Scottish game.

The expectation for last season was simply to get to the group stages. And then when we got there a lot of people were expecting us to get humped in every game, which we didn't. To get through to the last 32 was a bonus. In that respect, I think we can call it a 'great' campaign. When you compare it to Motherwell getting knocked out straight away, Hibs losing 5-1 to Dnipro, Hearts...being Hearts, we certainlty gained a lot more respect for the Scottish game.

well said archie.

gets annoying when people try to take the shine off what the team did