Brothers That Have Played In A World Cup?

After watching Sir Bobby Charlton recieving the lifetime achievement award on BBC sports personality programme last night from his brother Jack it got me thinking if there are any other siblings to have won the world cup in the same team. So can you think of any because i couldn't?

EM, in the finals.....

Bobby & Jack Charlton - ENGLAND

Frank & Ronald de Boer - NETHERLANDS

Gary & Phillip Neville - ENGLAND

Michael & Brian Laudrup - DENMARK

Nico & Robert Kovac - CROATIA

So based on OZD's comprehensive list of brothers the answer to the original poster is no. The Charlton's are the only brothers to have won the world cup.

Rai was in the winning Brazil side of '94 but Socrates was never a winner.

Franco Baresi was a winner in '82 but Guiseppi never won.

Uli Hoeness was a winner but Dieter was only runner-up

Apologies as this is slightly off - topic but isn't worth it's own thread and is close enough to the type of issue being discussed here. Some may have heard this before.

Name the three sets of brothers who have played together at a chamions league final

One set of Brothers are the Proclaimers.

One set of Brothers are the Proclaimers.

Haha fair play. Almost more a joke as opposed to a piece of trivia. De Boer's, Laudraup's are two but main point of the question is you can stump someone in the pub for ages if they haven't heard it before as obviously the Proclaimers isn't a natural port of call when trying to come up with potential answers

I didnt think the laudrup's ever played for same club team?

I may very well be wrong in saying Laudraup's. Definitely the de boer's and the proclaimers are two of the answers i was given when a friend got me with the question. Will try and mind the third set for sure unless someone else can come up with it

I may very well be wrong in saying Laudraup's. Definitely the de boer's and the proclaimers are two of the answers i was given when a friend got me with the question. Will try and mind the third set for sure unless someone else can come up with it

Michael Laudrup has played in several European clubs: SS Lazio, Juventus FC for four years, FC Barcelona from 1989-94, Real Madrid and Ajax Amsterdam. Brian Laudrup has played for Bayern Munich, the Italian clubs Fiorentina and AC Milan, four years in Glasgow Rangers, as well as Chelsea and Ajax for some seasons.

Could you tell me which three sets of brothers have played in European Cup finals? asks Genevieve Masroh. "Plenty of free drinks are in the balance for this."

Here at the Knowledge we always like to try and help any of our readers win booze-related bets, so here goes nothing. First up, in 1975, were the Gray brothers - Frank and Eddie - lining up in the same Leeds United team that controversially lost 2-0 to Bayern Munich. Eddie, subsequently caretaker manager at Elland Road, came on as a substitute, but he couldn't stop the Germans' victory. Then, a year later, came the Revelli siblings: Herv

• 2 weeks later...